Brooks Koepka has, well, you know, kind of, did a…. oh dear!

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm sure Brooks has gone downhill in terms of physicality in the past few months?

Used to always be at the gym, look pretty strong etc.

Now he's out here parading around in thongs and sipping on Mimosa's.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Little bit off topic, but it's interesting that in the golf world Brooks is considered a bit of an Adonis, whereas if you compare him against many athletes from other sports, he's not especially big or lean. That's not to say he's not in good shape, just that golfers seem to live in a bit of a bubble sometimes.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Little bit off topic, but it's interesting that in the golf world Brooks is considered a bit of an Adonis, whereas if you compare him against many athletes from other sports, he's not especially big or lean. That's not to say he's not in good shape, just that golfers seem to live in a bit of a bubble sometimes.
Muscle doesn't necessarily help with the flexibility required of a golf swing. A bit of balance is required, more so than in other sports.

Equally, look at most other golfers who we are comparing against, no wonder he is looked up to in the body stakes.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Muscle doesn't necessarily help with the flexibility required of a golf swing. A bit of balance is required, more so than in other sports.

Equally, look at most other golfers who we are comparing against, no wonder he is looked up to in the body stakes.

Muscle reducing flexibility is a myth, that for some reason despite all the science to prove against it, still perpetuates in golf. Even without the science, you only have to look at weightlifting and gymnastics to see 2 sports where athletes are both more flexible and more muscular than most golfers (male and female). Obviously, if you get to the point where you are so huge that muscles physically block you from moving, that's different, but we are talking absolute edge cases with huge steroid usage to get to this point.

The above and your second line is kind of my point. Golf lives in its own bubble regarding both fitness and physiques.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Koepka strikes me as the type of fella who will balloon to 20 stone once he takes his foot off the gas. He's big, but in a chunky kind of way.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Very poor etiquette not to tell folks that was a Daily Fail link.

Along the same lines as having a visitor at your club and forgetting to tell them there is a hazard of OB on a hole.

Hover over the link and the address appears in the bottom left of your screen. Always use this when you cant see what the address is so I know where I am clicking to!

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site

He definitely used to be a little leaner.

Tiger Woods went through a phase of being quite 'jacked' in comparison to the rest of tour golfers at least.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Koepka strikes me as the type of fella who will balloon to 20 stone once he takes his foot off the gas. He's big, but in a chunky kind of way.

You just described me.

I was 17 stone at around 12% body fat, destroyed my back during a weight training session and crept up to 21 stone in the space of a 2 year lay off. Always been big my whole life in a chunky way unless I commit a lot of time to training and nutrition to keep lean otherwise I get big quick.

My swing has changed so much as a result but i'm creeping back down now at 18 stone and feel quite comfortable.

I'm like John Daly one year then Brooks Koepka the next

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
You just described me.

I was 17 stone at around 12% body fat, destroyed my back during a weight training session and crept up to 21 stone in the space of a 2 year lay off. Always been big my whole life in a chunky way unless I commit a lot of time to training and nutrition to keep lean otherwise I get big quick.

My swing has changed so much as a result but i'm creeping back down now at 18 stone and feel quite comfortable.

:ROFLMAO:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
You just described me.

I really dont want to imagine John Daly in one of those,
What have you done to me :sick::eek: