British Masters Thursday Sky Free Tickets

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Paul, It looks bad in the morning, good job we have waterproofs. I'll be fully kitted out. Hopefully the wind will keep down as otherwise your brolly becomes useless. I am going to take my walking boots rather than golf shoes as they are genuinely waterproof and water from the rough wont go over the top, unlike with my golf shoes. I'm just trying to work out whether to bother with trousers underneath the waterproofs as I may end up wearing the wet weather gear all day. Let's hope the rain blows over quicker than expected right now.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got there early and left early to avoid the mad dash.
What an awesome day, crowd was far better than last year. Some cracking banter between some of the geordies and players.
Massive turnout too, crazy busy come the afternoon, what a brilliant show from the North East to come out in force.

Scotty Cameron

Head Pro
Visit site
Must agree about the turnout, does the North East proud to see so many on the first day, some of the main events in Europe are not that well attended. We should get more big sporting events in the area as it is well known us "notherners" do like our sports.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
What a superb day that was seeing Rory rip a driver and Sergio strike an iron pure is a joy to watch!

Plus winning a round on the Colt for the price of a tenner made the day even better!

I'm tempted to pay the 33 quid and go tomorrow

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My friend has just dropped off my free ticket for tomorrow. Even better I've got a pass to the Westwood pavilion, food and drink all in. Happy days.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been up there all day today, grand day, great weather, huge crowds👍

Only advice for anybody going, if you go following the marquee groups, Rory , Sergio/Lee....then be prepared, there's swarms around, most other groups are very easy to follow and watch.

I also watched Rory launch a driver, unfortunately a big huge block😉, but some other decent stuff along the line

Seeing Jordan smith fizz a t-mb (2 iron..?) on 18..... WOW....!!
Left Wayman speechless

Don't forget to call into the TITLEIST stand, tell them what ball you use, spend 5mins talking ball tech, get ya self a couple of sleeves of (hopefully) ProV1 or ProV1X👍

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a day I had yesterday
Traffic on a1 was bad but welll worth it. Got there with moogie and richy had a go on the win a prize every time wheel and won a round on the colt course!
Watched a few groups on first and 5th then went on to find Rory and you could tell where he was by the size of crowd going around the course
Stood behind the par 3 18th and as moogie says. Smiths 2 iron. What a bullet!!!
By watching the pros I learnt a bit.
Really enjoyed the day worth the trip out
Danny Willet don't expect a signature from him only one kid asked for it and he refused the poor lad. Only one that refused to sign the boys flag!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Followed Willett's group for a few holes, and he does come across as a bit of a tool - heard him make a few sarky remarks.

Had a brilliant day though, followed Rory's group for a couple of holes, some crowd. Then followed Willett's group, then Westwood's, then Poulter's. It's incredible watching these guys close up.

Found a couple of good vantage points to watch groups going through. Sitting behind the 16th green was great, very close to the action.

Spent some time watching at the practice range. The drives that Chinese lad Li was hitting were a joy to watch.

Had to take a break to go to the Bridgestone tent to get a free cap as it was so warm, incredible weather for the end of September.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
A colleague is going up today to watch tomorrow's golf. He is friends with one of the competitor's dad.
So everyone have their fingers crossed he makes the cut. The lad is only 16, Robin Williams. His middle name is Tiger, so there was no pressure on him becoming a golfer!

Currently at 1 over, so he has his work cut out.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A colleague is going up today to watch tomorrow's golf. He is friends with one of the competitor's dad.
So everyone have their fingers crossed he makes the cut. The lad is only 16, Robin Williams. His middle name is Tiger, so there was no pressure on him becoming a golfer!

If he doesn't make it, he could always try comedy.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Currently at 1 over, so he has his work cut out.

Watched him on a few holes yesterday
Know nothing about him, but strikes it well enough

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Afternoon all

Heading there on Sunday. Quick question;

I have read the 'what I can/cant bring to the event info' on the website but was just checking. Am I permitted to bring a rucksack/sportsbag with spare footwear/raincoat in?

TIA