British Masters 2019: Hosted by Tommy Fleetwood @ my golf club :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Seems the pros are tearing Hillside apart. Local lad Jordan round in 63, a 65 and a couple of 66s and Westwood -6 thru 7, Elvira -5 thru 5 out on the course

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Shame the birdie run stops at 8 with a par on the next

Thought the commentary team were on top form and having a right laugh last night for the 2nd live programme, not sure if i got the UK version but clearly the commentary booth and just been painted and some thinners left open (y)

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Went today, had a great day. It was good how you could get close up to every group you wanted. Biggest crowd was with Fleetwood but went a couple of holes ahead and got close. Had a great spot on 13th tee which allowed us to watch them hit into and putt on the 12th

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I like Nick Doughty usually... when he’s talking to current players during the masterclass I’ve always thought a bit of locker room mentality come out and he forgets he’s a tv presenter and his halo slips a little.

Just seen him with Ross Fisher. Not sure telling a lad in the tv he “doesn’t look like he plays off 8” was well received.

User20204

Visit site
Mmmm...... Matt Wallace. Not a good look. Came across this week as selfish, arrogant, & unnecessarily petulant. Really good player but needs to take a serious look at himself.

Read something on twitter but couldn't make out what went on, care to divulge further.

D

Deleted member 18588

Mmmm...... Matt Wallace. Not a good look. Came across this week as selfish, arrogant, & unnecessarily petulant. Really good player but needs to take a serious look at himself.

All I saw was someone who cared.

Only hard on himself. Respectful to his Playing Partners and no outbursts at fans or marshals.

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
I might be wrong here, but he came across as a bad loser. Didn't like the look of how he handled that. Can someone confirm that he shook the hand of the winner? & I'm sure I saw a whole lot of swearing & cursing, some of it in front of kids. I get that he wants to win, badly, & probably should have, but you have to learn to lose graciously, or is this great game going down the drain? Apologies if I'm incorrect but I thought I saw what I saw.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

Indeed. I'd agree there, although I've always thought he was pretty down to earth but just wants to win in general. Had a good opportunity and messed it up. I'm sure he won't be overly proud himself though.

13Aces

Club Champion
Visit site
Totally agree. Came across as a nasty boy. Should be fined for continually thumping the green with his putter after missing a putt. How I wish the TV presenters would call it as it is!
Throughout todays TV coverage he was chuntering and moaning almost after every shot - never seemed to be his fault!!

sunshine

Visit site
I might be wrong here, but he came across as a bad loser. Didn't like the look of how he handled that. Can someone confirm that he shook the hand of the winner? & I'm sure I saw a whole lot of swearing & cursing, some of it in front of kids. I get that he wants to win, badly, & probably should have, but you have to learn to lose graciously, or is this great game going down the drain? Apologies if I'm incorrect but I thought I saw what I saw.

I agree. Showed a lack of class.

Think he did give a quick handshake, I saw a black sleeve extended as kinhult started to celebrate.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
That was more exciting than the football, great viewing

Bit naff from Wallace to behave that way, usually comes across as a decent bloke. Some bottle to hole out on 18 from Kinhult, bet he couldn't believe the good fortune of getting the read from Ramsay's putt
First time I've seen that course, some of it looks stunning and lots of fun
Mark James's banter was pretty good over the 4 days too

Visit site
After playing at Hillside today, the local member I was with on the 18th, and the head greenkeeper was nearby and we joked about Wallace club slamming and he wasn’t happy with Wallace at all. The GK said the ball will bobble if you lift the putter head on the back swing and hit down on it, and I saw he did that and I had a great view of it yesterday and agree with the GK. He’s got a lot of bad social media not just the putter gate tantrum but for other indiscretions as well.

He did shake Kinults hand but threw his stuff down walking off the green. Word has it he wasn’t happy with the bumpy greens!!!! They were incredible in my opinion today and loved putting on them.

Visit site
That was more exciting than the football, great viewing

Bit naff from Wallace to behave that way, usually comes across as a decent bloke. Some bottle to hole out on 18 from Kinhult, bet he couldn't believe the good fortune of getting the read from Ramsay's putt
First time I've seen that course, some of it looks stunning and lots of fun
Mark James's banter was pretty good over the 4 days too
Agree with the comments on Mark Jessie James. We get the international feed/commentary down here in Australia. I have to say it knocks Sky’s team off the planet. Tony Johnstone and Mark James were on top form. Mark had some fantastic comebacks all week to the the banter he was getting. Made it a real enjoyable watch. Jessie calls it how it is. Never used to like his comments at first, but now look forward to any event he covers.

sunshine

Visit site
On Monday I heard from one of the competitors that the greens were really bumpy all week. All the players were unhappy but just a bit more discreet than Wallace.