Brexit - or Article 50: the Phoenix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
No but you are kind of playing into the stereotype of the old leave person going on about times 40 years ago and wanting to return to those days. Where as the world has changed significantly in those decades, some of it for the better and some for the worse.

Significantly for the worse for the majority of ordinary working folk... Staying in cahoots with Brussels was not going to see a reversal of that trend... Only option being to retake control of our own destiny...

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You have ignored my comments to suit your embittered and prejudiced view. Since you only seem to be interested in petty point scoring and personal attack then I will treat your comments with the contempt they deserve.[/QU
I haven't ignored your comments at all. When I point out that you are content to sacrifice people's jobs on the altar of your delusions you don't like it.
My criticisms of you and people like you are fuelled by a genuine disgust at your attitude. The UK office of the EU medicines agency has just closed with the loss of 800 jobs - just collateral damage I suppose.
If you wish to treat my comments with contempt - good for you. I am in good company as the sad truth is that you treat the UK workers fearing for the future with the same contempt.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can recall a time well before the EU, and the Common Market when we raced cars in France, Germany Italy and other European countries. A few bits of paper; a passport was all that was needed. Even with a truck full of cars and spares there was no real delays crossing borders.

My employer shipped stuff internationally without pain or numerous office staff.

Similarly we never had any bother taking continental holidays.

Have we all become whimps?
That’s the simple stuff... somewhere down the line we integrated and it got complex.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
But your content with name calling .. correct ?

I’m commenting on people criticising others spelling or grammar.

If there is name calling then report it. I can’t filter every post.

Name calling is very childish and should be avoided and anyone doing so is a big ninny 👍

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m commenting on people criticising others spelling or grammar.

If there is name calling then report it. I can’t filter every post.

Name calling is very childish and should be avoided and anyone doing so is a big ninny 👍
Thank you, but the spelling is well worth pointing out ...

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No but you are kind of playing into the stereotype of the old leave person going on about times 40 years ago and wanting to return to those days. Where as the world has changed significantly in those decades, some of it for the better and some for the worse.

You're wide of the mark in your inference and feeble attempt at a put down. In contrast to your claim I wish to "return" to the past I'd just add that in my career I've been helping develop systems for the future!! Most of my time has been spent assisting international companies with their processes especially with integrated IT and international supply chain management. I also helped the EU/UK with the design of the original SAD (Standard Administrative Document) for import /export processing. My point was that 40 years ago industry and private individuals managed to bridge national borders relatively easily - today modern IT, X-Ray systems and comms enable freight forwarders and Customs to manage duty and shipments much, much easier.

We also have a worldwide system of Freeports and bonded warehouses etc. Consequently I do not subscribe to the scaremongering that suggests the UK's imports and exports will grind to a halt. If you want to deal in these hyped assertions feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.