Brexit - or Article 50: the Phoenix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hey, I never said I was happy about Dominic Cummings either.... ;)

Works both ways, people are happy that we have got rid of 'unelected bureaucrats' supposedly impacting our every day lives but are fine with the current set up in which Cummings seems to have more of an more influence to the extent he can impact who is chancellor. As you say, who'd be in politics.
It does highlight a hypocrisy in the leave argument or another development that was not considered as it was a total unknown.
I think I would be a little disenchanted with it all but it’s early days

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
It does highlight a hypocrisy in the leave argument or another development that was not considered as it was a total unknown.

I actually find Cummings a very interesting person and what he is doing is exactly aligned with his beliefs about causing disruption, shaking things up, an inefficient civil service and the need to be more innovative. And it has been very cleverly framed to some voters as 'taking back control' from whatever foreign entity was supposedly holding us back. Where as we'll see in the next few weeks/months by his actions where he really thinks the blockers are, with a chancellor who occasionally questioned the PM possibly being one of them.

Last edited:

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I guess (depending on your viewpoint) we could have had a Momentum led Labour Cabinet.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Plenty of people getting their knickers in a twist about Cummings, perhaps rightly so. Is he a better option than Seamus Milne I wonder?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Plenty of people getting their knickers in a twist about Cummings, perhaps rightly so. Is he a better option than Seamus Milne I wonder?
I think he dropped a bollock when he had a go at a reporter.. nothing nice will be written about him and opinions will be influenced.. power of the media !

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I see Ms Barnier has been running off at the mouth to the press and ruling out a Canada style deal because the (a)UK might become too competitive and the (b) geographical closeness would be issue.
Well (a) is exactly what we need to do and operate with the RoW rather that a protectionist cartel. and (b) does he not know the UK has not moved for centuries - certainly since the EU was formed. I live in the hope we can see some professionalism emerge form these juvenile, grandstanding, twitter centric prats; but its a faint hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.