Brexit - or Article 50: the Phoenix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1147

But we’re at our best when confronting a disaster.... now, where is the wife....?

Watching the news last night made me realise that we are going to either be a much healthier nation, or a lot more unhealthy.

Apparently fishing is what Brexit was really all about, we'll soon be able to catch British fish and leave jonny foreigner to catch european fish (I don't know if we'll be allowed to catch any of them - I'm sure David Davis will negotiate that expertly).

So, if we catch more fish, we'll have more available to sell. But most of our fish is sold to the continent, so what happens when that fish is too expensive (due to tariffs), or it goes off whilst stuck in 100 mile long queues at the borders?

We'll have to eat it then!
So we'll either be fitter & healthier as we'll have to start eating more fish. Or more unhealthy due to the extra batter we'll be eating!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I hear there is an appeal underway on whether England is actually through to the next round as penalty shoot outs are only advisory

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I hear there is an appeal underway on whether England is actually through to the next round as penalty shoot outs are only advisory

Except that that is not true whilst it is a legal FACT that - whatever was said - the EU Referendum Act was deliberately drafted to make the result only advisory.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And D-Day for May arrives - whether that is Denouement-Day and Deal-Day who knows.

One way or another it is Put Up or Shut Up Day of the likes of Johnson, Davis, Leadsom, Fox and the various 'rebels' (funny how it is now the Hard Brexiteers who are being referred to in some quarters as the 'rebels')

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And D-Day for May arrives - whether that is Denouement-Day and Deal-Day who knows.

One way or another it is Put Up or Shut Up Day of the likes of Johnson, Davis, Leadsom, Fox and the various 'rebels' (funny how it is now the Hard Brexiteers who are being referred to in some quarters as the 'rebels')
I think it will probably be the end of May as PM. If she attempts to push through a fudge there could be a vote of no confidence in her and she would not survive it.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think it will probably be the end of May as PM.

That's been thought many a time over the last 24 months! In any usual time, probably it would be, but I can't see that anyone else would want to take over now.

As far as any contenders are concerned, they probably think it's best for May to own this mess and swoop in after a deal / no deal is done.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think it will probably be the end of May as PM. If she attempts to push through a fudge there could be a vote of no confidence in her and she would not survive it.

BTW - what happened to that plan that 2yrs ago you and others were adamant in telling us all that the government had for the negotiations, but that we could not be told about as telling us would undermine the negotiations.

Is it possible that there never was a plan - that there might have been aspirational objectives al la the Lancaster House speech - but in fact there has never been a plan.

But I suspect that we will never hear an admission that we were duped into thinking that there was a plan when in fact nothing of the sort ever existed. And the evidence for the lack of a plan? Well - look at the mess the negotiations and the government is in - and look at today's meeting...

What a shower - what a shambles.

Brexit means Brexit? What a vacuous and meaningless catch phrase as that is all it is.

They need us more than we need them? Well maybe some thought this at the outset - but given where we are today do we still think that..?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
BTW - what happened to that plan that 2yrs ago you and others were adamant in telling us all that the government had for the negotiations, but that we could not be told about as telling us would undermine the negotiations.

Is it possible that there never was a plan - that there might have been aspirational objectives al la the Lancaster House speech - but in fact there has never been a plan.

But I suspect that we will never hear an admission that we were duped into thinking that there was a plan when in fact nothing of the sort ever existed. And the evidence for the lack of a plan? Well - look at the mess the negotiations and the government is in - and look at today's meeting...

What a shower - what a shambles.

Brexit means Brexit? What a vacuous and meaningless catch phrase as that is all it is.

They need us more than we need them? Well maybe some thought this at the outset - but given where we are today do we still think that..?
The plan was simple, leave the EU. The only thing that is frustrating it is people like you who have been acting like spoiled children who never got their own way.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The plan was simple, leave the EU. The only thing that is frustrating it is people like you who have been acting like spoiled children who never got their own way.

That is not a plan - that s an objective.

And meanwhile the children in the cabinet pram are throwing their teddies out of their pram.

It is actually funny that you continue to pretend that it is those who voted to Remain are moaning and throwing our teddies out of the plan when in fact it is Leave voters who are doing just that.

Many who voted Remain simply continue to point out our concerns over the issues, problems and warnings that arise daily - and over the duplicity and the self-serving fundamentalist mindset of many prominent anti-EU leave supporters - a mindset that would see the UK out of the EU regardless of the damage to the economy and social fabric that might well result and that will affect the poorest of society whilst satisfying the comfortable smug wishes of a well-off few.

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Your opinion of how the negotiations are going is not evidence that proves a fact.

Please don't do it

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Your opinion of how the negotiations are going is not evidence that proves a fact.

Please don't do it

I'd do just exactly what I want having been the recipient of all sorts of scorn and vitriol over the last two years on this.

But OK - all is well. All is tickety-boo. Today's meeting at Chequers is to rubber stamp the plan that has been in place and followed for the last 2 years

One day someone will admit that there never was a plan. Clearly those here are not ready to make that admission - rather deflection and counter charge remains the order of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.