• Out

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Leavers don't want another referendum because they might lose, for the reasons I gave.
Your reasons are irrelevant and simplistic., should we have a General Election every six months to reflect the demographics. Take a look at the poll on this thread, it does not point to many people changing their minds to Remain.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Your reasons are irrelevant and simplistic., should we have a General Election every six months to reflect the demographics. Take a look at the poll on this thread, it does not point to many people changing their minds to Remain.

Golfers tend to be older members of society. So do Leave voters! :rolleyes:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

We should have another vote or a General Election once we know what the terms of Brexit are. Maybe the EU will grant everything we ask for, but this seems fairly unlikely. So far the only non EU trade deal we have seems to be with Saudi Arabia for supplying them with arms to fight various Middle-Eastern wars with!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golfers tend to be older members of society. So do Leave voters! :rolleyes:
Thats because nobody asked me if I wanted to be part of the EU it's the older ones who have been shafted for forty years.
we voted for a common market not political and fiscal Union.
this is the first time we have been able to halt it and that's what we voted for.
most younger people could not be bothered to vote but now are blaming all the people who have paid for the EU for forty years through their taxes.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thats because nobody asked me if I wanted to be part of the EU it's the older ones who have been shafted for forty years.
we voted for a common market not political and fiscal Union.
this is the first time we have been able to halt it and that's what we voted for.
most younger people could not be bothered to vote but now are blaming all the people who have paid for the EU for forty years through their taxes.

As far as I can remember, it was always intended to move towards a more political and economic union in Europe. A sort of United States of Europe if you like. Even Winston Churchill thought this was a good idea in the long term.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
As far as I can remember, it was always intended to move towards a more political and economic union in Europe. A sort of United States of Europe if you like. Even Winston Churchill thought this was a good idea in the long term.

Alzheimer's? Have a read of the Treaty of Rome 1957, and then the have a read of the formation of the EU in 1993 under the Masstricht Treaty. The EEC wasn't fully integrated into the EU until 2009.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
At last Delc said something correct. A fully federal Europe was always the plan. The constant disguise as a trading cooperative tells me plenty!

Churchill is a very interesting reference. For each positive "pro Europe" speech, I can find another against Federalism. I'd assumed his unity stance was more a function of post war reconciliation than anything else. He was certain a parliamentarian who wouldn't have supported Presidents and Commissioners who don't stand for election!