• Out

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but , what do we know now that we didn't know before the vote? Very Very little. Thread is perhaps a little early, until we hear what the government and nation leaders across the world want for sure then double guessing the vote is very pointless.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry but , what do we know now that we didn't know before the vote? Very Very little. Thread is perhaps a little early, until we hear what the government and nation leaders across the world want for sure then double guessing the vote is very pointless.

I think there's a bit more information out there now, maybe not about the policies, but certainly about the process. The bonus is that the UK hasn't imploded with the original vote as predicted :) I'm just curious to see if the majority would still vote to leave.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I voted Remain in June, but voted out now. Out does me no good in terms of work, and especially with the plan to retire to Spain shortly. However, I feel that all the twisting, fiddling and conniving some of the politicians are doing is very wrong at a fundamental level.

They voted to have a referendum. They abdicated their responsibility to the electorate, and the electorate made a choice. Never mind its this percentage or that percentage. The 'rules of the game' are very clear. A majority of those who cared enough to vote voted out.

If there's another vote, I will choose out to protect the very fundamental rights that make up our democracy. Argue the toss by all means but respect the choice.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Voted IN originally. Voted IN this time..

Some personal reasons, some idealistic reasons, less economic reasons...

I still don't fear the result like some do.. We are more than capable of succeeding in whatever we turn our hands to (as are people all over the World. It's not a "British" characteristic).. It has enabled me to find a deeper well of contempt for the majority of Politicians than I ever thought possible though... So not all negative...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I voted Remain in June, but voted out now. Out does me no good in terms of work, and especially with the plan to retire to Spain shortly. However, I feel that all the twisting, fiddling and conniving some of the politicians are doing is very wrong at a fundamental level.

They voted to have a referendum. They abdicated their responsibility to the electorate, and the electorate made a choice. Never mind its this percentage or that percentage. The 'rules of the game' are very clear. A majority of those who cared enough to vote voted out.

If there's another vote, I will choose out to protect the very fundamental rights that make up our democracy. Argue the toss by all means but respect the choice.

The highlighted phrase is actually ambiguous! Can you clarify whether you meant 'their responsibility', passing it - the responsibility - to the electorate' or was it 'their responsibility to the electorate' that they abdicated!

I actually believe they did the right thing in this case - allowing 'the electorate' to choose. Though there have obviously been some issues with the way they did that!

I have exactly the same view - at least assuming it was 'passed responsibility to the electorate'. I would vote Leave now purely because that was the result of the 'initial' referendum. Repeating a vote 'until the right result' is obtained is not my view of what our democracy is about!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would vote Leave now purely because that was the result of the 'initial' referendum. Repeating a vote 'until the right result' is obtained is not my view of what our democracy is about!

I don't think he's asking if you want to change the result, merely if all the post vote rhetoric has changed your mind at all.. I know we think the GM forum is important, but I doubt the Brexit Committee are monitoring it to see if they should pull the plug on the whole thing..

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't think he's asking if you want to change the result, merely if all the post vote rhetoric has changed your mind at all....

That's the way I interpreted the OP too! I think I explained why i would vote differently to the way I did originally! :rolleyes:

...I know we think the GM forum is important, but I doubt the Brexit Committee are monitoring it to see if they should pull the plug on the whole thing..

That's 'equivalent' to believing that my vote is not going to make a difference, so not bothering! And that particular reason for not voting is something that I'm definitely anti!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's the way I interpreted the OP too! I think I explained why i would vote differently to the way I did originally!

i was about to type a mid length response that highlighted the inaccuracies in your statement, but then I remembered that I don't actually care. I also don't want to enter into a pointless discussion, solely focused on the minutiae of the English language and it's interpretation. You do know how to suck the life out of just about anything.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think he's asking if you want to change the result, merely if all the post vote rhetoric has changed your mind at all.. I know we think the GM forum is important, but I doubt the Brexit Committee are monitoring it to see if they should pull the plug on the whole thing..

I thought I heard David Davies quoting this forum only the other day.............:D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I voted out last time and would again. This time as I've been enthralled by Dell's analysis of the referendum and just wonder how much more rubbish he can come up with