Brewery Sponsorship for Senior section

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We are a senior section that play 5 home and 5 away games each year,16 man team,and we are approaching the local brewery for sponsorship,as anyone any experience in what to ask for?

we feel it would be better to ask for something for our home games so we can tempt new teams to want to play us and visit our course and therefore spend more money over the bar,and reward for teams that play us each year..any ideas would be welcome thanks....

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
We are a senior section that play 5 home and 5 away games each year,16 man team,and we are approaching the local brewery for sponsorship,as anyone any experience in what to ask for?

we feel it would be better to ask for something for our home games so we can tempt new teams to want to play us and visit our course and therefore spend more money over the bar,and reward for teams that play us each year..any ideas would be welcome thanks....

what are you offering the brewery? or are you just after a hand out?

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
well it would be better if we could offer them more takings over the bar,gives us more bargaining.or just a free hand out for business we already bring in,the more we can offer the better

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Brewerys get thousands of requests like this a year, I would think that a snowball has more chance in hell.
Perhaps you should try a different line and approach the local undertakers or care homes, much better chance of being successful.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
rapper, I bet you are well chuffed with the positive responses... Not!

Having, in the past, been the sponsorship 'seeker' for various clubs I have been involved with I can advise its never been easy and I suspect that in the current climate its even more difficult... However, on the basis of if you don't ask you don't get...

I assume that the brewery already does 'business' with your club in which case you may have a contact name to aim your first proposal at... Guessing that you've already realised that asking for money usually results in a flat no response... I'd look to see if they could help you out with some golf related items with club and brewery identification on to hand out as part of a welcome pack to visiting teams... Start small and as you build your rapport with sponsors hope they realise the benefits and provide more...

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
My concern would be the number of home games! 5 games would not produce a big enough return for the company to be bothered. You need to take the brewery to others. Maybe by branded golf tops (if thats allowed!!)

Maybe give out a fixture list with the company name on but again its a team of 16 so not major brand awareness.

You need to promote the company and market their brand.

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It depends what you want from the sponsorship, money, publicity, a uniform etc. Also what you can offer the company in return, sometimes rather than approaching the first company you think of its better to think logically about who could actually benefit from the sponsorship. Has your club got any contracts coming up for renewal which you could use to your advantage as bargaining tools? Try to think about unusual tie ups that could be more quirky and so more likely to be worthy of publicity for the sponsor. Good Luck.