Breaking news...new Taylor Made drivers

MarkR

Visit site
We've just put up a story on the web about the new Taylor Made drivers

Looking forward to testing them out - what does everyone think of the new clubs?

The Golf Monthly team are certainly looking forward to putting them through their paces

Mark Robinson
Golf Monthly Website

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
The super quads look awesome! They were going on eBay for silly money but it'll be interesting to see how much they are when properly released!

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I remember the old burner woods-the fairway woods were really good-think I’ve still got my old burner 5wood in the garage somewhere!

I like the look of the Quad though- bet they will cost loads to begin with.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As always, I'm a little bit sceptical about this. I'd like to see whether the GM equipment editor thinks the super quad is that much different to the original quad. I tend to think the difference would be minimal... In fact, now would be a good time to by the original r7 quad

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't blame manufacturers for introducing new equipment and inovative designs every 5 minutes. How else are they going to make money, and keep the industry alive? Today's new design or revolutionary club will be out-of date next year, and if it's as good as they claim, then wait awhile and you will be able to pick one up for less than half the price. You can't buy a good game. What you've got in your hands is only a small part of it. When I'm tempted to buy new equipment I ask my son to have a go with what I've already got. He promptly hits my Cobra driver 320 yards straight down the middle, and my old steel shafted Wilson 1200 GE 7 iron 200 yards plus, without any problem, which points to me and my technique being the weak link and not the clubs. I think that's true of us all.