Brand new 2014 clubs worth buying?

User20203

Visit site
Is it worth getting something like Callaway X2 Hot+? Are these clubs too old now and has the tech moved on? I think they were released in 2014. Would I benefit spending £100 more and getting used Callaway XR OS (released 2016)?

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the X2hot would be more than fine (youll likely see little different between them and the more recent ones)

any cavity backed game improvement style irons most likely to suit someone quite new to the game. Ping G series tends to be the default recommendation but theres very little to choose between the brands and their products like this imho

if I were you Id set a budget then find the newest clubs I could for that budget

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Plenty of decent clubs from 2014 and if you look at Golfbidder under each brand it will tell you what year they were released, and what handicap group they are aimed at. Not always the cheapest but will give you some ball park ideas

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still use clubs from 2013/14. I also have a set from 2018. It's in the garage. Golf is 90% swing, 9% brain and 1% technology.