Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Once great?? That’s one less Xmas card I have to buy @Doon frae Troon 😂

Fair play
They were once great...…....I actually voted for Thatcher twice.
Well it was either her or Michael Foot/Kinnoch.:love:

BTW good pics of Johnson/Corbyn in earlier times.[/QUOTE]

TBH that you def off my christmas card list, that woman started all the probelms that have been coming home to rost over the last 20 years

Last edited:

JPLon

Visit site
Speaking of Farage... anyone thinks Boris will make a pact with the Devil to ensure that he gets the full Brexiteer vote and get back in power

Nailed on i'd have thought. Tories have desperately tried to position themselves as the no deal party to take the Northern Labour seats in hard leave areas. It's the only way they can get a majority, so if the Brexit Party can hang around and take a load themselves Boris will have to do a deal. Fortunately it's a relatively easy one for him as the Brexit Party only care about one thing, so give them that and agree they will vote with you on everything else.

With their relative positions on Brexit there's no chance of Tory coalition with Lib Dem or SNP so they don't have many options if they can't get a majority.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
No I wasn’t , the thread is about Depfeffel so I was talking about him. I can see how one could get confused though. Here are some pictures to help clear it up for you 😆

I know who you were talking about, just making the point that none of them are fit for office... sorry I wasn’t clear enough for you;);)

Hitdaball

Visit site

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Boris use of language is mild compared with the compilation of Labour Front Bench speeches doing the rounds on Twitter and FB today. He hasn't sworn, said he'd knife or strangle anyone.

But of course BIG blind spot on many things exists eh? :)

Yep, like the BIG blind spot the right wing press has with the MANY team tory failings...

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Yep, like the BIG blind spot the right wing press has with the MANY team tory failings...

Correct, it is called "positioning"...... you know, like the Guardian, The Mirror, The BBC, .... The Supreme Court! :)

But a reasoned appraisal of the outrage quoted and the examples I gave for comparison would be nice... but I won't hold my breath.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Correct, it is called "positioning"...... you know, like the Guardian, The Mirror, The BBC, .... The Supreme Court! :)

But a reasoned appraisal of the outrage quoted and the examples I gave for comparison would be nice... but I won't hold my breath.

When, as Boris does, you start saying stuff that appeals to the likes of Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins you need to start taking a long hard look at yourself... Doubt Boris will though... As I am strongly suspecting it's such lowlife's Boris takes pleasure in appealing to...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
When, as Boris does, you start saying stuff that appeals to the likes of Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins you need to start taking a long hard look at yourself... Doubt Boris will though... As I am strongly suspecting it's such lowlife's Boris takes pleasure in appealing to...

I know some people feel its deflection but just who out of the main protagonists from both sides of the arguments and across the political parties has shown even the ounce of goodness in all of this?

We all have our political leanings and preferences, and I'm sure we could all say wonderful things about the parties and leaders we 'lean' towards... BUT honestly, they are all a bunch of....

Boris has been splattered for the Jo Cox thing, especially the media. However, have you seen the full passage? I'm pretty sure it was started by the Labour MP who ranted about how dare he use language like "surrender"(really) in front of the plaque to JoCox. I'm sure we all have our own versions of the text and intonation, and I think a fair bit of what Boris said was over the top but the rest of Parliament, including those Tories who didn't vote for him, are just throwing insults and taunting him because he has no workable majority.

AND BEFORE ANY BLINKERED IDIOTS WANT A POP AT ME FOR THE ABOVE, I CAN'T STAND THE GUY AND I DEFINITELY THINK HE'S THE WORST PM WE'VE HAD SINCE THE OLD KING DIED. but c'mon lets have a bit of balance to the argument.

D

Deleted member 15344

He must feel like Watford playing Man City with him 7 nil down - one more and he matches that result.

It still a shock that he is in charge of our country 🤦‍♂️

Suppose got to give him credit for the way he did it - treachery

D

Deleted member 16999

Corbyns just released a video where's he slates Boris and then references Jo Cox 😲
I watched the video, thought it was from a parody account initially, then realised it was genuine!
Were was the video from Corbyn condemning McDonnell all the times he’s spouted hate and encouraged violence.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He must feel like Watford playing Man City with him 7 nil down - one more and he matches that result.

It still a shock that he is in charge of our country 🤦‍♂️

Suppose got to give him credit for the way he did it - treachery
How refreshing to hear such a voice of reason and conciliation.

D

Deleted member 15344

How refreshing to hear such a voice of reason and conciliation.
What a surprise SR posts a sarcastic comment in response to a post that dares to have an opinion that is different to his. Why bother ? What is it you hope to gain from it ?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What a surprise SR posts a sarcastic comment in response to a post that dares to have an opinion that is different to his. Why bother ? What is it you hope to gain from it ?
Just when it seems you can't get more ironic you just come back and show us its possible. 🙄

Last edited:

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know some people feel its deflection but just who out of the main protagonists from both sides of the arguments and across the political parties has shown even the ounce of goodness in all of this?

We all have our political leanings and preferences, and I'm sure we could all say wonderful things about the parties and leaders we 'lean' towards... BUT honestly, they are all a bunch of....

Boris has been splattered for the Jo Cox thing, especially the media. However, have you seen the full passage? I'm pretty sure it was started by the Labour MP who ranted about how dare he use language like "surrender"(really) in front of the plaque to JoCox. I'm sure we all have our own versions of the text and intonation, and I think a fair bit of what Boris said was over the top but the rest of Parliament, including those Tories who didn't vote for him, are just throwing insults and taunting him because he has no workable majority.

AND BEFORE ANY BLINKERED IDIOTS WANT A POP AT ME FOR THE ABOVE, I CAN'T STAND THE GUY AND I DEFINITELY THINK HE'S THE WORST PM WE'VE HAD SINCE THE OLD KING DIED. but c'mon lets have a bit of balance to the argument.

I live in a Tory stronghold surrounded by the 'enemy'... My neighbours advise they are often appalled by the words of Boris and the stance he adopts... They question which natural Tory voters he seeks to appeal to and advise it isn't them... They'll, no doubt, continue to vote for the blue rosette but it will be despite Boris rather than because of him...

Status
Not open for further replies.