Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So again you’ve failed to answer the question! Do you believe it was rigged?

I don’t care about the man’s intention, I don’t care what Party he represents,
I just find the level of paranoia from some of the most ardent of Leavers unreal, it’s getting close to tin foil hats from some.
Afterwards we get the enquiry to who the man is, now we know his background the conspiracy theories start.

Was what he said to the PM tainted by his affiliation to the Labour Party, absolutely it was, but rigged?

See also the reaction to the neighbours of Johnson's current cuddle.

D

Deleted member 16999

He should have kept out of it, its wrong to put the blame over funding of the NHS on Boris Johnson, he has committed to increasing spend, politicians going back many decades have been responsible and especially labour with their PFI. I have no doubt this guy was taking advantage of the situation and grandstanding, there is also a suspicion he was rigged with a radio microphone although this maybe hyperbole. There have been other cases with such people as him wno are political activists, I don't trust the intentions of groups like Momentum one bit.
Blah, Blah, Blah AND still not answered the question, but another conspiracy theory.....cuckoo.....cuckooo_O

U

User62651

Turn a negative into a positive.

Clearly spin from PMs team but maybe they're learning that leadership is listening and compromising not just 'my way or no way'?

That kind of response is more becoming of a leader than plain denial. It's concessionary and says 'I'm listening' - better tactic. A good tweet.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
He should have kept out of it, its wrong to put the blame over funding of the NHS on Boris Johnson, he has committed to increasing spend, politicians going back many decades have been responsible and especially labour with their PFI. I have no doubt this guy was taking advantage of the situation and grandstanding, there is also a suspicion he was rigged with a radio microphone although this maybe hyperbole. There have been other cases with such people as him wno are political activists, I don't trust the intentions of groups like Momentum one bit.

I disagree. I see no reason whatsoever why he couldn't talk to Johnson. And the current funding, and not just current, is the Tories remit. PFI was introduced under Labour, and the terms of those contracts were tested for affordability for their lifespan with the assumption that funding would continue to be in place. Successive govts, both Labour and Tory haven't addressed it. The Tories have had 9 years to address those shortfalls and done less than bugger all.

I've seen PFI in the NHS from both sides, right from before their inception, and still speak to ex-colleagues and many friends. The NHS is on its knees, especially the PFI Trusts, and the Tories current sop will make virtually no difference at all.

I don't like Momentum on bit, but I also don't like the 1922 Committee. Different sides of the same coin.

www.hiltonpark.net
I disagree. I see no reason whatsoever why he couldn't talk to Johnson. And the current funding, and not just current, is the Tories remit. PFI was introduced under Labour, and the terms of those contracts were tested for affordability for their lifespan with the assumption that funding would continue to be in place. Successive govts, both Labour and Tory haven't addressed it. The Tories have had 9 years to address those shortfalls and done less than bugger all.

I've seen PFI in the NHS from both sides, right from before their inception, and still speak to ex-colleagues and many friends. The NHS is on its knees, especially the PFI Trusts, and the Tories current sop will make virtually no difference at all.

I don't like Momentum on bit, but I also don't like the 1922 Committee. Different sides of the same coin.
The is last line sums up our political system to a tee. Our failing NHS is the fault of Labour's PFI nothing to do with current incumbent. The global financial crash happened on Labour's watch therefore it's their fault and not the government who sanctioned the deregulation of the banks. The truth lies in between. All our parties have the ability to implement good and bad policies and should be held to account most importantly by their own members.
This polarisation and demonisation of our politics and politicians is a worrying trend. Older generations should know better.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The is last line sums up our political system to a tee. Our failing NHS is the fault of Labour's PFI nothing to do with current incumbent. The global financial crash happened on Labour's watch therefore it's their fault and not the government who sanctioned the deregulation of the banks. The truth lies in between. All our parties have the ability to implement good and bad policies and should be held to account most importantly by their own members.
This polarisation and demonisation of our politics and politicians is a worrying trend. Older generations should know better.

They do - the better times were the joyous days of the 1950s and early 60s - when all was great after the horrors of the war. Except all was not great these days - it was very austere and pretty grim and grey - but it was a hell of a lot better than the late 30s to mid-40s. 'Better times' have to be relative to something - and when that something was very, very grim it is easy to view things in retrospect as being great. And yes - you'd think we'd remember what brought about those very grim times.

Last edited:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Life is very good and very comfortable for more people now than just about ever in UK history.

That's why it grinds my gears so much when some racist gammons say things like "...and that's why we're in such a terrible state" to justify their abhorrent racism, sexist, homophobic etc views.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Life is very good and very comfortable for more people now than just about ever in UK history.

That's why it grinds my gears so much when some racist gammons say things like "...and that's why we're in such a terrible state" to justify their abhorrent racism, sexist, homophobic etc views.
Seems like you're the Gammon judging by that outpouring of vitriol.

Status
Not open for further replies.