Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The things that have happened, Cameron resigning, May becoming PM, invoking A50, making a stupid decision for another election, losing her power and authority, doing a deal that she couldn't get through the Commons and ultimately having 3 years of complete stagnation - they are all a result of people voting for something without all the information.

These are all down to the politicians who are either incompetent or not willing to implement the mandate they were given. Nothing to do with the information they were given.

Yeh right....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I thought May was scraping the bottom of the talent barrel with her final cabinet but Johnson is now frantically searching in the filth under the barrel.
there was a good iticle in the Guardian online that described them pretty well, i would,nt be allowed to repeat it on here though as an infraction would follow:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No link so I might suggest one...it only hurts when I laugh - and when I laugh at what is written about I realise that what I am laughing about is actually not funny - it is miserably depressing

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-by-blaming-half-the-country-for-our-problems

That Link is sooooooooooooooooooo on the money.
The description of the new cabinet is brilliant, but as you say totally depressing.
BTW My non swearing Mrs is still walking around shaking her head and saying 'Boris '#'#'#' Johnson' every few hours.:love:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you don't have a solution? And this is your baby! There in lies the problem.

Unfortunately this is your mess. You voted for this on the basis of a bit of national pride and a few slogans, i.e. without a sketch of a plan. The things that have happened, Cameron resigning, May becoming PM, invoking A50, making a stupid decision for another election, losing her power and authority, doing a deal that she couldn't get through the Commons and ultimately having 3 years of complete stagnation - they are all a result of people voting for something without all the information.

Now there is no workable solution, you are content to crash the economy.

I'm not saying we should have another referendum simply because I didn't like the result of the 1st, but in reality it is the only way to break the impasse. I was also fairly late to this way of thinking as it became clearer that there is no workable solution in London. And the problem with another election is that people like Boris and probably Corbyn, would spend 4 weeks spinning us all

The 2nd referendum would have a much better advantage over the 1st - that the leavers would have a realistic and deliverable plan of what Brexit looks like. My feeling is that the reality of that would not be as palatable to as many when it was a bit of a blank cheque.

I'm not denying that many, clearly yourself included, would still vote to leave and for you it's clearly more ideological rather than practical. But given the narrow victory in 2016, it is fairly conceivable that by the time you throw a bit of detail in to what Leave actually looks like, that narrow majority crumbles.

All very interesting and accurate apart from one small fact that you have got wrong. It's not my "baby" or my "mess" and I didn't vote for it. I was actually using my one of my 4 freedoms at the time of the vote and was working in Germany. I wanted us to remain and if it was possible would still like us to but unfortunately I think too many bridges have been burned for that to happen. I spend 6 months of the year working in other EU countries so being in the EU is a big plus for me personally. But I try not to be one of those arrogant remainers who likes to claim they are better, more important or more intelligent than leave voters or someone that puts forward forecasts or predictions as though they are facts. I am happy to point out when those on the leave side produce info or facts that are wrong and I will do the same to other remain voters.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
" they are all a result of people voting for something without all the information."

This get on my bluddy nerves. we had a x weeks debate on in and out. If you didn't bluddy listen to all the debates (I did ALL OF THEM. As I wanted to really believe that the EU was a good thing). But the Leave campaign was awsome. Three key points and rammed it down our throats. Remain? Whimper whimper blustery (well you can guess the rest).

Utter plonkers the lot of them. Just look where one of the Leave campaign members is now! Proper skill. Boris will ram it down foreign leaders throats that ENGLAND and the UK (currently) will not stand for anymore of their stupidity. We will become a world leader once more instead of a follower.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just how the heck can this be an ENGLISH parliament when the Scots , Welsh and Irish sit in it??????

You should address that question to your new PM as I was quoting his words.

Mind you the Scottish Parliament has had English and French MSP's.
It will probably surprise you that you have quite a few English MP's who are not English.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
You should address that question to your new PM as I was quoting his words.

Mind you the Scottish Parliament has had English and French MSP's.
It will probably surprise you that you have quite a few English MP's who are not English.

Maybe, and that does not bother me, as they are representing English constituants who voted for them

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
That Link is sooooooooooooooooooo on the money.
The description of the new cabinet is brilliant, but as you say totally depressing.
BTW My non swearing Mrs is still walking around shaking her head and saying 'Boris '#'#'#' Johnson' every few hours.:love:

Again, give the man a chance before you plunge the knife in. He's smarter than you or I. Acted like a clown for most of his parliamentary life and yet there he is leading us all. Lets see how this pans out before we slag him off. Oh and the NHS, schools, police etc etc speech is the same we hear EVERY time a new leader is appointed no matter what party they belong to. Even Scotland. And I'm led to believe that things aren't going great up there. The poison dwarf is not a good as she thinks eh?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Boris has his faults, but just like a proper Brit this Richard Head is already attacking our leader BEFORE he has had a chance to prove himself.

With his very first act as PM - in forming his cabinet and adviser team - BJ rams a great bluddy wedge into the angry and festering division splitting the country. And I will not be surprised if, as the days and weeks go by, he will hammer that wedge more firmly into the divide - with Dom Comm standing at his side encouraging him and telling him how well he is doing.

By your acts will you be judged.

Last edited:

JPLon

Visit site
With his very first act as PM - in forming his cabinet and adviser team - BJ rams a great bluddy wedge into the angry and festering division splitting the country. And I will not be surprised if, as the days and weeks go by, he will hammer that wedge more firmly into the divide - with Dom Comm standing at his side encouraging him and telling him how well he is doing.

By your acts will you be judged.

I suspect this is exactly the plan. Knows he can't really change the withdrawal agreement, knows he can't get no deal through parliament. So set up a full leaver cabinet and go to a general election. Kick out all the tories that are remain and try to get all of the Brexit party support from the EU elections by running a full no deal leave ticket. I suspect it will work too

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I suspect this is exactly the plan. Knows he can't really change the withdrawal agreement, knows he can't get no deal through parliament. So set up a full leaver cabinet and go to a general election. Kick out all the tories that are remain and try to get all of the Brexit party support from the EU elections by running a full no deal leave ticket. I suspect it will work too

And so we have Dominic Cummings - an unelected bureaucrat - the surrogate, if not the de facto, Prime Minister of the UK - Joys.

Status
Not open for further replies.