Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond

Visit site
Ah yes, because being England centre forward has the same job requirements as being PM, doesn't it?

I do wonder what BJ has to do before some people see through him. It's reminiscent of Trump when he said he could shoot someone in broad daylight, and people would still vote for him.

Depends who he shot. If it was one of the scum bag louts burning club houses I would fully understand.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Ah yes, because being England centre forward has the same job requirements as being PM, doesn't it?

I do wonder what BJ has to do before some people see through him. It's reminiscent of Trump when he said he could shoot someone in broad daylight, and people would still vote for him.

I absolutely don’t like the guy, nor am I keen on the current Tory brand. But if you’re too thick to see the comparison I can’t help you.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
And the fact that he is, shows even more about those who helped put him there. :mad::mad:

Absolutely it does, and the ones that put him there were, bye and large, ex labour voters from your part of the country who were disenchanted with the communist Labour party and decided that the Conservatives were a better proposition ??. Down here in deepest Kent we we always going to vote Conservative as we pretty well always do, it was the Midlands and North who "put him there" ??

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice comment. I'm obviously not as bright as you, but I did understand the comparison you were making, I just thought it was meaningless and glib.
Its was 'Comedy Gold' stuff & getting more so all the time..... really is showing a strange side of some folk. ??

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry but I find it hard to believe any words that leave Johnson's mouth.
His jingoistic comments will know doubt hit the right note with cult Boris, but they just worry me, Chumley-Warner springs to mind.
As I said a while ago, I believe history will not judge this government well.

It could be worse - we might live in Scotland have the Scottish Government ??

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
'We have so far succeeded in the first and most important task we set ourselves as a nation to avoid the tragedy that engulfed other parts of the world'.

Johnsons words yesterday :unsure:..any one know what 'other parts of the world' means or is it just his normal waffling jingoistic ramblings.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Aye..... & it applies to them too. Like dear old Tashey, who thought you could 'explain away' being a Scab 30 odd years ago & perhaps led to his comments that resulted in him being ostrocised from here. It catches up with you all in the end, remember that! ??

Mmmmmm, so how do you plan to exact the same revenge on the good folk from the North who finally saw the light ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Nice comment. I'm obviously not as bright as you, but I did understand the comparison you were making, I just thought it was meaningless and glib.

Would you send a 70 year old nun to serve on the front line in a war, or would you send the meanest SOB you could find? I don't like Johnson for all the reasons you put up in a previous post but it is his character that has made him a winner. And I think its very sad that any party would choose someone of that character to lead them. Yes he is despicable, and no I wouldn't want him to dinner but if he will kick, bite and scratch the UK out of something that is taking lives I'll take it.

You don't want him because of his character, not whether or not he's the best man, at present, for the job. Your, decent, sensibilities are getting in the way of making a pragmatic decision. In effect, that old British tradition of saying, "I say old boy, that's not cricket." Good for you, and it is what we should all aspire to for the UK but when the fighting's dirty, you need a dirty fighter.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
'We have so far succeeded in the first and most important task we set ourselves as a nation to avoid the tragedy that engulfed other parts of the world'.

Johnsons words yesterday :unsure:..any one know what 'other parts of the world' means or is it just his normal waffling jingoistic ramblings.
I can only guess he meant that we avoided losing a cowardly, lying Leader who's careless actions caused unnecessary worry for his doughting followers.??

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would you send a 70 year old nun to serve on the front line in a war, or would you send the meanest SOB you could find? I don't like Johnson for all the reasons you put up in a previous post but it is his character that has made him a winner. And I think its very sad that any party would choose someone of that character to lead them. Yes he is despicable, and no I wouldn't want him to dinner but if he will kick, bite and scratch the UK out of something that is taking lives I'll take it.

You don't want him because of his character, not whether or not he's the best man, at present, for the job. Your, decent, sensibilities are getting in the way of making a pragmatic decision. In effect, that old British tradition of saying, "I say old boy, that's not cricket." Good for you, and it is what we should all aspire to for the UK but when the fighting's dirty, you need a dirty fighter.
Like NZ??

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

I was almost, almost with you there. The minor point we’ll have to agree to disagree on is that I don’t see Boris fighting dirty to get us out of this situation. But I do see him fighting dirty to get “himself” out of a situation that he may be causing.

I agree that we need a Fighter, I would just prefer that they were a Fighter with principles. That’s the person I’d want in the trenches alongside me (and I dislike the war metaphors in this situation as much as I disliked the golf club metaphors in the Brexit thread(s). ?)

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was almost, almost with you there. The minor point we’ll have to agree to disagree on is that I don’t see Boris fighting dirty to get us out of this situation. But I do see him fighting dirty to get “himself” out of a situation that he may be causing.

I agree that we need a Fighter, I would just prefer that they were a Fighter with principles. That’s the person I’d want in the trenches alongside me (and I dislike the war metaphors in this situation as much as I disliked the golf club metaphors in the Brexit thread(s). ?)
EXACTLY..... are we really happy having a self-centered, cowardly, scheming liar in charge??

Wolf

Visit site
EXACTLY..... are we really happy having a self-centered, cowardly, scheming liar in charge??
Considering the alternative was Corbyn and the ludicrous manifesto Labour brought to the table it seems the majority of the country think so ??‍♂️

I didn't vote for either of those options but I'd still rather have what we've got than what the alternative was

Wolf

Visit site
We'd always seen the light and voted Tory. You cant change facts, Boris got in because you Northerers voted Tory and I'm sure they'll benefit from doing so in the longer term
Except some will refuse to accept anything he or the current government might do well for them, blame it on luck or say it was because the opposition made him... ??‍♂️

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Considering the alternative was Corbyn and the ludicrous manifesto Labour brought to the table it seems the majority of the country think so ??‍♂️

I didn't vote for either of those options but I'd still rather have what we've got than what the alternative was
Post #1236 still applies.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
And the fact will always remain he was the better option than what your side offered up. Feel free be bitter about it but it's written there in history for all to see ?

No,he's right Wolf, the fact that the Midlands and North put him in power with a huge majority actually does show that it says more about the people who put him there - but just not in the way HE means it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.