Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So you know he doesn't care about a deal, and you know he just wants to be PM. You know the details of the deal that the EU are making negative noises about...

The Euro Millions it at £190m tonight. Any chance of you "knowing" the numbers.

C'mon Hugh, you know as much as the next man in the street. Are you guilty of your own little project fear?

For goodness sake Bri - you know fine well that this is just a view and I am not pretending it to be a statement of fact.

There is little factual we know about a No Deal future. But I think can say for 100% certain that, for instance, if we leave with no deal agreed we will immediately lose some benefits that we have in respect of travel and work in the EU - and these will have a detrimental impact on me. The motorway signs and radio ads tell us that.

What can Leave voters say today about leaving without a deal that will 100% certain provide me with immediate benefits that will at least balance out what I know I will lose. And what immediate benefits will I have and feel that tell me what I have lost was worth losing...

Whenever anyone on here asks that simple question we get the supplied wit the usual top level potential benefits to the UK - but nothing that will immediately compensate me for what I am about to lose.

But I am past being angry with Johnson and his scheming crew - I just feel rather depressed and down about it all. And that is a statement of fact.

Last edited:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
........ and these will have a detrimental impact on me

What can Leave voters say today about leaving without a deal that will 100% certain provide me with immediate benefits that will at least balance out what I know (Yes I do have inside knowledge of lottery numbers :rolleyes:) I will lose. And what immediate benefits will I have and feel that tell me what I have lost was worth losing...

Whenever anyone on here asks that simple question we get the supplied wit the usual top level potential benefits to the UK - but nothing that will immediately compensate me for what I am about to lose.

And there was I thinking that I voted to leave for the future benefit of my children, grandchildren, and (if we haven't exterminated each other) many generations to come. Perhaps some can see past their next bank statement, pay cheque, and myopic view and realise what has been happening over the last 40 years or so of lies.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
And there was I thinking that I voted to leave for the future benefit of my children, grandchildren, and (if we haven't exterminated each other) many generations to come. Perhaps some can see past their next bank statement, pay cheque, and myopic view and realise what has been happening over the last 40 years or so of lies.
Yep me me me, no consideration to a federal state and how the EU may change and how that may affect those in the future.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
For goodness sake Bri - you know fine well that this is just a view and I am not pretending it to be a statement of fact.

There is little factual we know about a No Deal future. But I think can say for 100% certain that, for instance, if we leave with no deal agreed we will immediately lose some benefits that we have in respect of travel and work in the EU - and these will have a detrimental impact on me. The motorway signs and radio ads tell us that.

What can Leave voters say today about leaving without a deal that will 100% certain provide me with immediate benefits that will at least balance out what I know I will lose. And what immediate benefits will I have and feel that tell me what I have lost was worth losing...

But I am past being angry with Johnson and his scheming crew - I just feel rather depressed and down about it all. And that is a statement of fact.

At least you finished with a statement of fact...;)

What grinds my gears Hugh is you post up your "facts" but when you are fact-checked you then, as you say above, admit its just your view. You didn't start the previous post I quoted with "IMO."

I agree with many of your opinions on the impact, although maybe not to the extreme Armageddon you suggest. But I fundamentally do not agree with posting up opinions as facts, e.g. you know Johnson "just wants to be PM." No, you don't know that.

How about Johnson wants to be PM because he has a strong view on what is best for the UK. You don't have to agree with his view, I know I don't, but the statement is probably more accurate than your "just wants to be PM."

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

How old are you SiLH? I'm guessing, but I'd put you among the more senior members of the forum, obviously not as old as ChrisD (is anyone - sorry Chris) but not a spring chicken.

If I'm correct with the above assumption then we will have been a member of the EU for pretty much your entire working life. Out of the 44 years that we have been a member for, how many years have you spent working in another EU country?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Are you saying I won't be able to catch a Ferry, Eurostar or fly anywhere in the EU just as easily as going to USA, Egypt, Australia etc, etc - really.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Are you saying I won't be able to catch a Ferry, Eurostar or fly anywhere in the EU just as easily as going to USA, Egypt, Australia etc, etc - really.
That doesn't seem to answer the question SILH asked (in para 3)! What it DOES do (though not specifically) is reinforce the assertion in Para 2 - of immediately losing some benefits - as 'catching a ferry, Eurostar or flying in(to) the EU will become (somewhat) more difficult!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
That doesn't seem to answer the question SILH asked (in para 3)! What it DOES do (though not specifically) is reinforce the assertion in Para 2 - of immediately losing some benefits - as 'catching a ferry, Eurostar or flying in(to) the EU will become (somewhat) more difficult!
Only for those not on the tinternet I suspect. Can't see them demanding you pop down to the embassy to complete an application.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
How old are you SiLH? I'm guessing, but I'd put you among the more senior members of the forum, obviously not as old as ChrisD (is anyone - sorry Chris) but not a spring chicken.

If I'm correct with the above assumption then we will have been a member of the EU for pretty much your entire working life. Out of the 44 years that we have been a member for, how many years have you spent working in another EU country?

Never worked permanently in an EU country, but at one point I spent a fair amount of time working in places such as Paris, Munich and Nuremberg - travelling backwards and forwards quite regularly. Since you have asked. You are correct that I am not old enough to remember professional working life before we joined the EEC - but I do remember how very difficult - rather grim - things were in early to mid-1970s UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.