Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
H'mm. From an 'unbiased' pov....Don't give up the 'day job' is the quote sprins to mind for those! P24's quote at least had some sort of 'zing' to it with the 'con' connection.

And it seems to me there's a 'have' missing in the 2nd line - but maybe 'no have' is the problem!
'Had' works perfectly. The Lobotomey would have been a past medical procedure, as such the incumbent couldn't 'Have' a Lobotomey' they could only 'Have' a missing frontal Lobe.

Also, its 'springs to mind' be careful with typos if you are the forum pedant 👍

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are two types of Labour Supporter

Ones that had Lobotomies and Naive Teenagers

Smell your trainers to see which one you are.

Don't get the Trots from a Trotsky.

So those 2 little digs at each party both really sum up the nation.. morons
Which is why they shouldn't be allowed a vote on such important decisions

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sense of humour bypass. 🤩
They're both amusing in their own way but there's a very large chunk of society who genuinely think that way. And their fervour is increasing
If everybody, and I mean you, me, the forum, the public and the politicians stopped trying to score points by using insults, making snide comments, deriding opinions and generally disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, pulled their respective heads out of their arses and actually thought about how this mess can be sorted out - whichever way - then it would have been accomplished months ago.
Instead, it seems, too many are just in it for political gain and the "thrill" of getting exposure because they've insulted someone.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They're both amusing in their own way but there's a very large chunk of society who genuinely think that way. And their fervour is increasing
If everybody, and I mean you, me, the forum, the public and the politicians stopped trying to score points by using insults, making snide comments, deriding opinions and generally disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, pulled their respective heads out of their arses and actually thought about how this mess can be sorted out - whichever way - then it would have been accomplished months ago.
Instead, it seems, too many are just in it for political gain and the "thrill" of getting exposure because they've insulted someone.
I get your point and agree with the mess the country/Politicians have got into but lets not get overheated about some blokes on a Golf Forum. Its just a bit of locker room banter and is being inflated out of all context.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Boris sticking by his guns hoping EU will refuse deal and extension . Therefore UK out with no deal but not taken out by him ?? Thoughts
I still think he would prefer a deal. I cant see how he would get away with a no deal with the way he has been stitched up by parliamentary remainers, maybe he has some loophole but with the way the establishment are against him its difficult to see it working. Looks very much like we are heading for more can kicking ad nausiem.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still think he would prefer a deal. I cant see how he would get away with a no deal with the way he has been stitched up by parliamentary remainers, maybe he has some loophole but with the way the establishment are against him its difficult to see it working. Looks very much like we are heading for more can kicking ad nausiem.
Can he continue if its an extension thp

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I don't think he cares about agreeing a Deal. He just wants to be PM - the PM to lead the UK in it's battle to overcome the mess caused by the EU and Remoaners forcing a No Deal Brexit on the UK.

He plonked a proposal in front of the EU that I suspect he knew they could not agree to - and now that the EU have pushed back he and his buddies are telling us the talks are 'close to breaking down' as EU unwilling to negotiate on his 'reasonable offer' - messages directed specifically at the Leave support. And Johnson camp adds that according to Merkel An EU-UK agreement is "essentially impossible not just now but ever" following the "clarifying" phone call.

As of course it would be were we to maintain our current stance in respect of, in particular, the customs union and the Irish border. Of course the statement will be presented by Johnson as evidence that the EU was never going to let the UK leave the customs union. And I am not sure that that is the only conclusion that can be drawn from what Johnson camp reports on what Merkel said.

How utterly depressing.

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think he cares about agreeing a Deal. He just wants to be PM - the PM to lead the UK in it's battle to overcome the mess caused by the EU and Remoaners forcing a No Deal Brexit on the UK.

He plonked a proposal in front of the EU that I suspect he knew they could not agree to - and now that the EU have pushed back he and his buddies are telling us the talks are 'close to breaking down' as EU unwilling to negotiate on his 'reasonable offer' - messages directed specifically at the Leave support. And Johnson camp adds that according to Merkel An EU-UK agreement is "essentially impossible not just now but ever" following the "clarifying" phone call.

As of course it would be were we to maintain our current stance in respect of, in particular, the customs union and the Irish border. Of course the statement will be presented by Johnson as evidence that the EU was never going to let the UK leave the customs union. And I am not sure that that is the only conclusion that can be drawn from what Johnson camp reports on what Merkel said.

How utterly depressing.
It appears its Mrs Merkel pushing back with the EU suggesting that her position isn't there position. The Germans now not wishing to comment. Seems their negotiating position is as airy fairy as ours then.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

How utterly depressing.

So you know he doesn't care about a deal, and you know he just wants to be PM. You know the details of the deal that the EU are making negative noises about...

The Euro Millions it at £190m tonight. Any chance of you "knowing" the numbers.

C'mon Hugh, you know as much as the next man in the street. Are you guilty of your own little project fear?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
It appears its Mrs Merkel pushing back with the EU suggesting that her position isn't there position. The Germans now not wishing to comment. Seems their negotiating position is as airy fairy as ours then.

Sources? Hasn't shown up in the echo chamber that is my twitter feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.