Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
you are calling into question her motives and if it even happened and asking why its news?

its news because the guy is PM, how do you know it wasn't brought up at the time?

the guy is a well known philander, and people should be made aware this type of behavior is not accepetable and the his isn't just a misunderstood buffoon
You don't like him then.

D

Deleted member 16999

Bollocked for not wearing my bone dome at times so hats aren't my thing :cool::D However one has to wonder why it's taken twenty years, her new boyfriends a bit of a momentum boy and well known Jurno allegedly.
I also have my doubts over the timing and she came out with this yesterday in her first article for The Sunday Times who are currently running another story on him. So I’m more inclined to think it’s the Times rather than anyone else who is leading the expose on him.

Another point on the “why it’s taken 20 years” I seem to recall every time Corbyn is brought up the shouts of terrorist sympathiser go out and pictures of him from nearly 50 years ago of him meeting Adams are produced, he has on many times explained his meetings and that he was searching for peace, nobody seems to have an issue putting an amount of time on that or accepting his explanation.

I hate Corbyn, I wish he was not the leader and I don’t believe he supports our Military. I am also not equating sexual harassment to sympathising with terrorists, I just find it amusing we complain or are sceptical about time periods when it suits our beliefs.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I also have my doubts over the timing and she came out with this yesterday in her first article for The Sunday Times who are currently running another story on him. So I’m more inclined to think it’s the Times rather than anyone else who is leading the expose on him.

Another point on the “why it’s taken 20 years” I seem to recall every time Corbyn is brought up the shouts of terrorist sympathiser go out and pictures of him from nearly 50 years ago of him meeting Adams are produced, he has on many times explained his meetings and that he was searching for peace, nobody seems to have an issue putting an amount of time on that or accepting his explanation.

I hate Corbyn, I wish he was not the leader and I don’t believe he supports our Military. I am also not equating sexual harassment to sympathising with terrorists, I just find it amusing we complain or are sceptical about time periods when it suits our beliefs.

...and I was wondering why on Friday the Daily Telegraph was splashing on it's front page a story about how Major 'schemed' against Thatcher prior to her resignation (29yrs ago!).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...john-majors-role-margaret-thatchers-downfall/

Could this have been related in any way to the position Major has been taking on Brexit, especially over the last couple of weeks, and what he might be involved in over the next two weeks in an attempt to ensure UK does not leave on 31/10 without a deal agreed.

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
...and I was wondering why last week the Daily Telegraph was splashing on it's front page a story about how Major 'schemed' against Thatcher prior to her resignation (29yrs ago!). Could it have been related in any way to the position Major has been taking on Brexit, especially over the last couple of weeks, and what he might be involved in over the next two weeks.
Or perhaps they were making the point that no matter who the politicians they will to stab each other in the back (not literally honest) to get what they want and to further their standing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Or perhaps they were making the point that no matter who the politicians they will to stab each other in the back (not literally honest) to get what they want and to further their standing.

Maybe - but as this was all basically known - maybe it being splashed on Friday suggests an attempt to undermine Major in the eyes of the Thatcher-lovers out there, and those non-Thatcher lovers looking for any and every reason to attack Major.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe - but as this was all basically known - maybe it being splashed on Friday suggests an attempt to undermine Major in the eyes of the Thatcher-lovers out there, and those non-Thatcher lovers looking for any and every reason to attack Major.
I would have thought that Thatcher lovers already knew that he had stabbed her in the back. He dodged a key vote with 'toothache' when he was Foreign Sec/Chancellor to her which few have forgiven. The story probably was an attempt to discredit him, actually little doubt about it, but more to the casual voter.

Ultimately, if you want to discredit him you only need two words, Edwina Currie :sick:o_O. Throw in Maastricht if you really want to twist the knife but I don't think John Major is held in high regard with the faithful.

Back to Boris, has anything come out that any of us were not aware of? Without knowing details surely we all knew the type of person he was / is? The Tory MP's and members all must have been aware and still wanted him. This is not a defence but I am surprised at the surprise around these stories.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You gotta give him credit.. he has turned on the money taps and planted a forest of magic money tree.. the giveaways he is promising are a good distraction from Brexit and is aimed to seduce people away from Labour’s and Lib Dem’s weak record

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps the squeezing of an upper thigh is reported to try and hide the reported alledged American woman story and possible financial misconduct?

D

Deleted member 16999

I would have thought that Thatcher lovers already knew that he had stabbed her in the back. He dodged a key vote with 'toothache' when he was Foreign Sec/Chancellor to her which few have forgiven. The story probably was an attempt to discredit him, actually little doubt about it, but more to the casual voter.

Ultimately, if you want to discredit him you only need two words, Edwina Currie :sick:o_O. Throw in Maastricht if you really want to twist the knife but I don't think John Major is held in high regard with the faithful.

Back to Boris, has anything come out that any of us were not aware of? Without knowing details surely we all knew the type of person he was / is? The Tory MP's and members all must have been aware and still wanted him. This is not a defence but I am surprised at the surprise around these stories.
In answer to your last paragraph, it’s not whether people knew or it was rumoured he had wandering hands it was more he wasn’t the PM of the Country at the time, I don’t think any of them are whiter than white, but we don’t want our PM, regardless of Party/Gender etc being at risk from blackmail etc from people.
Let the investigation go ahead and if he’s got nothing to hide they won’t find anything, but if he did use his position or authority for favour then it brings his integrity in to question.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
you are calling into question her motives and if it even happened and asking why its news?

its news because the guy is PM, how do you know it wasn't brought up at the time?

the guy is a well known philander, and people should be made aware this type of behavior is not accepetable and the his isn't just a misunderstood buffoon

And not long ago he was Mayor of London. Did she wait knowing he would become PM? Maybe she's just found the courage to come forward. Equally, isn't it a bit strange that all the flak is coming out of the woodwork at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.