Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got Billy Connolly’s Tall Tales and Wee Stories from Santa. Dipping into it i read it with his (and my own) Glaswegian voice and i just love it. When I read it aloud to my wife with his voice she cracks up ? - more so perhaps because she loves Glaswegians and how chatty and open they are to strangers - even English ones like herself ?
Have bought this book today and will be dipping in very shortly.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m reading James Milners book
More of a Q & A but great to know what actually happens from a down to earth guy that’s at the top of the game

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
William Blatty The Exorcist . It's been sitting there for years and so I just thought I would - seen the film (of course) and the book reviews tell of the book being even better.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
General Sir Mike Jackson’s autobiography, “Soldier.” Started a bit slow, and didn’t do much detail of his early career. Picks up from the Falklands onwards.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
General Sir Mike Jackson’s autobiography, “Soldier.” Started a bit slow, and didn’t do much detail of his early career. Picks up from the Falklands onwards.
Just re-read Riotous Assembly and Indecent Exposure and had tears running down my face from laughter.SWMBO sent me upstairs to the mancave 'cos I was upsetting her watching her T.v.selection-Am just about to start Roses Are Red by James Patterson,then over the weekend get into Commander In Cheat(Trumps golfing activities by a guy who played with him numerous times)
Jimbo...Night folks

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Am getting into the Andy McNabb series of Nick Stone adventures. Very gritty and very gruesome in places but all so far have been page turner's
You can’t really say that, you are supposed to hate them. Like Coldplay.

Read them all as well, can’t remember much, but will read the future ones as well.Currently reading through the Agent Zero books from Jack Mars.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Great Expectations - so far it's living up to the hype :p

Once I got the hang of reading Dickens (slowly and always ready to go back chapters to remember who's who and what they were last doing) I found his books just a great read. Tale of Two Cities is shorter and splendid. Bleak House is epic.

Visit site
That Dom Winslow cartel trilogy, do you think I could do all three in a fortnight?
Off on holiday next week and I need something to keep me occupied on the flight and beach.

I'd take the first one - Power of the dog - its great and good as a stand alone
Take summat else for other reading then read the others in due course but not one after the other - a bit intensive and ultimately quite depressing
TBH IMO they get poorer worse as the trilogy moves on should have stopped after 'Power of the dog'