Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have just started a very weird book - March of the Lemmings by the comedian Stewart Lee. It is based on his pieces in the online Observer on Brexit for the 3 years following the referendum together with added footnotes, comments from readers and stuff from his stand up show. The jury is out.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Half way through The Exorcist and it's good - just read the 'crucifix' bit and the bit where Regan's head turns round 360*. Can't help but have how the film portrayed these things in my minds eye...so nothing really to imagine. And though probably quite shocking when read before the film - they are not so having seen the film. Just one of the things you have to accept as a down-side of watching a film or TV adaptation of a book you want to - or subsequently - read.

Wolf

Visit site
Break Point by Matthew "Ollie" Ollerton, now that man's had an interesting life.. Also just read Billy Binghams book, another man that should have been pretty much dead once a year from the age of about 9years old with what he got up to but thoroughly intriguing.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Chapter and Verse by Bernard Sumner, read both sides of the New Order falling out now and def on the side of Hooky, Barnet comes across as a knob even in his own book.

Just started "How not to run a club"

Siolag

Visit site
Currently reading 'Bring up the Bodies' by Hilary Mantel. I had thus far avoided this series, but fancied reading the new one and Wolf Hall came with a good recommendation. I really enjoyed Wolf Hall and expect to race through this one.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Am getting into the Andy McNabb series of Nick Stone adventures.
I am just working on my list of books to download and seeing that he hasn't released a new one since 2017. Before that one a year, now 3 years silence. I hope he hasn't given up on Stone.

But on a positive note, the next Gray Man novel is coming in February. He is one of my favourite 'heroes', if we can use this word for people that make their imaginary money with killing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well The Exorcist by William Blatty was excellent - deeper and more background to Black Mass and Exorcism than you get in the film...?

Now just started my first Murakami - Norwegian Wood. Been meaning to read his stuff for a while. Let’s see.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well - Murakami - Norwegian Wood I did enjoy, and so will read more of his - for now I'm having a go at Virginia Woolf To the Lighthouse - I've never read any VW - it is rather intense and I'm having to concentrate hard :)

Robin Hood

Visit site
Erebus, The story of a ship. By Michael Palin.
The true account of the 1845 Arctic exploration.
A terrific read.
It's the first book of his I have read and I am impressed. Sort of similar to Brysons style.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
John Cleese's autobiography - very entertaining.
Calypso by David Sedaris - not the same without his voice, having heard him many times on radio 4.