Booking tee slots to ensure maximum capacity

Can you see who has booked a tee time and can you book to play with them?

• Total voters

YandaB

Visit site
Given the current high demand for tees and noting that the days are shorter I was interested in how other clubs approach this. My club doesn't allow anyone to see who has booked but I understand others can and I was curious as to the split. I wonder if those that cannot, do so because of GDPR, the booking software, culture or some other reason.

Doodle

Visit site
My club uses Intelligent Golf.
We book on line via phone / internet or app.
We can book 15 days in advance & see who has booked & add our name.
It works well & after coming from a club with no tee booking system (rock up & play) I prefer being able to book.
It enables me to avoid the busy times if I want to practice on my own.
It also enables me to book in with players of equal ability to me, so I get a decent game.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can’t see why a member can’t see other member bookings, no GDPR concern here for me.

Guest names aren’t shown and neither are pay and play bookings, which would be the only area of concern.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pre Covid we allowed players to book out all slots with no names in some of the slots. The club has been trying to get rid of this for a few years and Covid has now given them the 'excuse ' to do this.

All slots have to have a name in and the name must be valid or else you get charged for the slot.

If you have a singles match you have to arrange with the club to have the two spare slots blocked out.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Option 2

One of my pp's would hate random members joining us if we had spaces. Im less bothered but Im glad we dont have that system in place to be honest. Just seems weird to me.

Ssshank

Visit site
It is brutal atm, our club announced you could book from 7 am for the following day.

First few days the system crashed. I got on yesterday at 7:05 and the only available tee time was 3:40. :cry:

YandaB

Visit site
It is brutal atm, our club announced you could book from 7 am for the following day.

First few days the system crashed. I got on yesterday at 7:05 and the only available tee time was 3:40. :cry:
We have that too but people are then frustrated that there are tee times with just 1/2 maybe 3 people booked. If you know who has it booked you could at least approach them to join in and fully utilise the course in these days of heavy demand and restricted times. Looks from the poll results so far we are waaaay in the minority.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
In comps you can see who is booked, but general play we can’t see members names.

Fortunately you can stealthily look at the tee box and decide if you want to play with who is on the tee.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We didn’t have a booking system until COVID.
Now we have 9 holes only for next 7 days.
If you want to be alone you can .
So nobody can book on without your agreement.
Not sure I like that if members can’t get a game.
But usually times are there if you want one.

Ssshank

Visit site
We have that too but people are then frustrated that there are tee times with just 1/2 maybe 3 people booked. If you know who has it booked you could at least approach them to join in and fully utilise the course in these days of heavy demand and restricted times. Looks from the poll results so far we are waaaay in the minority.

True, but there's no way to contact them. Where if you just turn up the club won't be too happy as they will only allow those who have a confirmed tee time to be on site.

There's another sneaky trick that members do. Where you are supposed to add players names but if you click back to home screen it adds you with 3 anonymous bookings.

Many do that and end up playing on their own, the club still hasn't bothered to sort this out.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our system went live on Weds to book tee times for next weds, thurs and Friday. Obviously it went mental. Now our group of four always have a regular tee time. There is others that book around our times. We have always suspected that others have a head start when booking when the system goes live at 7.30 pm on the dot.
On weds at 7.30 on the dot I clicked onto weds tee times next week and there were 6 tee times already booked. It is just not possible to click on a day, click on a time, click on a name and select. Click on finish and have the tee time booked at 7.30 pm and 1 second. Something is just not right.
One thing that has bogged me off big style is the amount of people that have booked but not put names into spaces.
A fourball looks like EG, Tashyboy, anonymous, anonymous, anonymous. How are the club supposed to police the course when it don’t know who is playing. So why is it done that way. The club specifically said you can only book or play 2 tee times. 9 holes each time to give everyone a chance to play On the first 3 days. So a group of four have booked weds, Thursday and Friday by putting in just one name and 3 x anonymous. Bogs me off and the club will know my feelings on wedMesdames

D

Deleted member 3432

Anyone can add themselves to a booking at ours, mate and I have booked for Wednesday and as expected two members added themselves to tee time.
No problem with that, selfish that people want to deny others the chance of a game.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
True, but there's no way to contact them. Where if you just turn up the club won't be too happy as they will only allow those who have a confirmed tee time to be on site.

There's another sneaky trick that members do. Where you are supposed to add players names but if you click back to home screen it adds you with 3 anonymous bookings.

Many do that and end up playing on their own, the club still hasn't bothered to sort this out.

Ave just had a Whinge a about 3 x anonymous, ? grips my flippin poo it does.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our system went live on Weds to book tee times for next weds, thurs and Friday. Obviously it went mental. Now our group of four always have a regular tee time. There is others that book around our times. We have always suspected that others have a head start when booking when the system goes live at 7.30 pm on the dot.
On weds at 7.30 on the dot I clicked onto weds tee times next week and there were 6 tee times already booked. It is just not possible to click on a day, click on a time, click on a name and select. Click on finish and have the tee time booked at 7.30 pm and 1 second. Something is just not right.
One thing that has bogged me off big style is the amount of people that have booked but not put names into spaces.
A fourball looks like EG, Tashyboy, anonymous, anonymous, anonymous. How are the club supposed to police the course when it don’t know who is playing. So why is it done that way. The club specifically said you can only book or play 2 tee times. 9 holes each time to give everyone a chance to play On the first 3 days. So a group of four have booked weds, Thursday and Friday by putting in just one name and 3 x anonymous. Bogs me off and the club will know my feelings on wedMesdames

Club should know before Wednesday so they can remove them from the bookings. Don't see why you or anyone else should have a regular time though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Option 1 and its always been that way

Can only be the fairest way

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our club guidance for the first week following reopening is that we will be booking as four balls - and when we book a tee time we can book +1 but must expect anyone else to book alongside us. We should not hold any resentments if any book in when we had hoped to get another in...we all take our chances. But it is the way in the club that if I book in with another 2 or 3 then I contact one of them to let them know - just to check - through our club on-line messaging system if I do not know them personally to contact them directly.

Also - we will open the system to bookings on Monday 30th Nov at 8pm for bookings 2nd Dec through 7th inclusive. For the first 24hrs from that time we will be limited to making a single booking for that first 7 days of play (club will monitor) - and so from 8pm on 1st Dec we will be able to do further bookings for the week to and inc. the 7th. Then back to normal with bookings being opened for any day at 8pm one week in advance.

I note also that all regular block reservations in the first 7 days of play (including the very popular Thursday gents roll-up and ladies Tuesday :) ) have been cancelled - plus no green fees or members visitors.

Doodle

Visit site
We get the anonymous, anonymous, anonymous thing & people adding fictional names, really annoying.
The club occasionally police it, although that is sporadic.