Body Rotation

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
feeling incredibly frustrated.

Last week I was playing so well, my whole swing felt like it was just me rotating through the ball, it felt so simple and relaxed and without trying to hit the ball hard I was getting huge distances and hitting the ball straight.

Now it has all gone down the toilet, no idea what has changed but that feeling of a nice relaxed body rotation has gone.

I accidently got into this swing, don't know what I was trying to do but it felt great so stuck with it, traditionally I have used my arms a lot more. Can anyone help, does anyone know of any common issues or fixes. My fault is a snap hook now or a push slice.

I think I'm getting my arms involved again and they aren't marrying up with by body rotation, potentially when arms get ahead it's a hook and when they get left behind it's the push slice, if that's right any tips on marryin gup arms and body?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
feeling incredibly frustrated.

Last week I was playing so well, my whole swing felt like it was just me rotating through the ball, it felt so simple and relaxed and without trying to hit the ball hard I was getting huge distances and hitting the ball straight.

Now it has all gone down the toilet, no idea what has changed but that feeling of a nice relaxed body rotation has gone.

I accidently got into this swing, don't know what I was trying to do but it felt great so stuck with it, traditionally I have used my arms a lot more. Can anyone help, does anyone know of any common issues or fixes. My fault is a snap hook now or a push slice.

I think I'm getting my arms involved again and they aren't marrying up with by body rotation, potentially when arms get ahead it's a hook and when they get left behind it's the push slice, if that's right any tips on marryin gup arms and body?

Have you tried Faldo’s towel drill; trap a towel in both armpits and across the chest, hit balls without dropping the towel. Probably a video on YouTube somewhere but I can’t do that from this phone.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Where is your weight at impact....middle, front or back foot?

I'm trying to get the weight transferred onto my front foot.

I cannot remember what I was doing when it was going well, I was just marvelled at how easy the swing felt that I didn't pay attention to the feeling of the swing

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds an extremely common situation all round!

I find that when it's all working together I'm simply not aware of what I'm doing 'right' - conversely when it's going wrong I am extremely aware of what isn't correct, but not why I'm getting into that situation 🤔

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Can I suggest the old classic "feet together" drill and just clip a few 7i's away.pretty hard to hit it nicely without good balance and it'll soon have you aware of how you are hitting them

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
I have the same problem so looked up the drill - I reckon I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Here is the link to one of the Golf Channel ones if anyone wants it.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
From what you describe pushes/hooks and feeling that when you hit it well you have better body rotation is something basically I work on alot. I at times can get quick with my lower half and get the club shallowing out a touch too much in the downswing. I always work on feeling from the top that my hands and arms start down first. Sometimes I stop at the top, pull down with my hands and arms about a third of the way and then fire everything else through. This just helps keep the club more in front of me and also gives me better sequencing

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Rotation is something I have to work hard on as I have a real (old and ingrained) problem with driving the legs too much and sliding. I have recently tried to slow everything a fraction to give myself time to make a full turn and then get everything turning in sync. Some positive results but can get the club a little trapped. I see a lot of good players hitting it a long way with minimal movement so it makes sense especially when my tempo has always been too fast