BOB! Help

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bob - this is a mentally stupid thing that I seem to have started doing about 2 months ago.
I occasionally drive the ball straight into the ground in front of the tee. I think I'm transferring my weight too quickly (if i keep my weight back then it usually goes away).

Its so annoying tho - what looks like is going to be a beautiful shot, ends up taking a gouge out of the tee box, and then skittering down the fairway. It costs me over 100 yards each time!

is it just the weight transferring to quickly to the right side - or am I doing something else stupid?

many thanks
x

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
is it just the weight transferring to quickly to the right side - or am I doing something else stupid?

Assuming you're not left handed, I guess you mean the left side?
You're spot on.
The body gets too far in front of the ball, the club comes down too steep and hits the top of the ball, driving it down into the ground.
If you focus on keeping the head behind the ball until after impact that should help.
Feel as if the clubhead is flying passed your face and not playing catch-up

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Assuming you're not left handed, I guess you mean the left side?
You're spot on.
The body gets too far in front of the ball, the club comes down too steep and hits the top of the ball, driving it down into the ground.
If you focus on keeping the head behind the ball until after impact that should help.
Feel as if the clubhead is flying passed your face and not playing catch-up
thanks bob - i strangely dont know my left from my right! Hub has to cope with me navigating by 'watch' or 'not watch'!

I think its the opposite of swaying to the right during the swing - i seem to have started swaying to the left after my downswing! Anyway - as long as thats all it is - i can sort it out!

funny old game - was playing better today than thursday - but i scored less! ;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
thanks bob - i strangely dont know my left from my right! Hub has to cope with me navigating by 'watch' or 'not watch'!

I do find that's the case with quite a few ladies so you're not alone.
I normally use 'fork hand' or 'knife hand'

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I do find that's the case with quite a few ladies so you're not alone.
I normally use 'fork hand' or 'knife hand'
weird isnt it - i know i write with my right hand - but I just cant do left and right - and it does seem to be a lady thing - rather than a man thing! ;)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bob - this is a mentally stupid thing that I seem to have started doing about 2 months ago.
I occasionally drive the ball straight into the ground in front of the tee. I think I'm transferring my weight too quickly (if i keep my weight back then it usually goes away).

Its so annoying tho - what looks like is going to be a beautiful shot, ends up taking a gouge out of the tee box, and then skittering down the fairway. It costs me over 100 yards each time!

many thanks
x

Surely it can only look like a good shot for about three thousandths of a second before it thuds into the ground?

I agree on the annoying though. I still do it far too often.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Surely it can only look like a good shot for about three thousandths of a second before it thuds into the ground?

I agree on the annoying though. I still do it far too often.
It feels like its gonna be a good shot - it sounds good...then you see it skittering off and then notice the divot its taken....

Artoist

Medal Winner
Visit site
And me,but only with 4 wood for some reason,nice tip though Bob ,I shall try that thought next time out.
Cheers.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
quick 9 holes after work - drives were all grand. chipping much better. putting solid.

just struggled into the wind and the damp grass.

had a happy 43 and 20 points tho. that better not be my best game this season!

am hoping to get to the beach on wed - if i'm struggling we'll do a vid and send it in! ;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
quick 9 holes after work - drives were all grand. chipping much better. putting solid.

just struggled into the wind and the damp grass.

had a happy 43 and 20 points tho. that better not be my best game this season!

am hoping to get to the beach on wed - if i'm struggling we'll do a vid and send it in! ;)

:clap:
Keep your pecker up :eek: