BMW PGA Wentworth - Advice needed

Bates1980!

Visit site
Hi Everyone

A few pals and I are going to Wentworth fr the BMW PGA event on the Thursday in September. I'm after some advice from anyone that's been before. Specifically, any hotel reccomendations that are quite close by? We're also planning a night out so any advice there would also go down well?

Thanks all.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Everyone

A few pals and I are going to Wentworth fr the BMW PGA event on the Thursday in September. I'm after some advice from anyone that's been before. Specifically, any hotel reccomendations that are quite close by? We're also planning a night out so any advice there would also go down well?

Thanks all.
I would suggest that if you haven't booked your hotel yet then you will be struggling to find somewhere close (and value for money). You may find yourself with a bit of a commute to the course in the morning.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would go somewhere on the direct train route. Wokingham is 4 stops away (20 mins) and a great town for beers and food and also a premier inn 5 minutes from the station. Bracknell 5 minutes closer but far less interseting. Reading a couple of stops further and bigger but i would easily choose Wokingham over the others

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would go somewhere on the direct train route. Wokingham is 4 stops away (20 mins) and a great town for beers and food and also a premier inn 5 minutes from the station. Bracknell 5 minutes closer but far less interseting. Reading a couple of stops further and bigger but i would easily choose Wokingham over the others
Wokingham or Bracknell both on same train line and both have things live Travel Lodge and a few decent pubs so either would be ideal. there is usually a bus shuttle from Vriginia Water to the course

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
This, Wokingham the best bet to stay, plenty to do and can get to Reading easily and also to Virginia Water, for the golf.

Severof

Visit site
Not accomodation related but if you weren't aware and getting a cab there, consider instead renting a cheap bmw for the day. You'll get priority parking and not have to get a shuttle bus if using any other car to get there. They also have X5 BMW taxi's dotted around at certain points of the course. With your bmw pass, or key fob you can hop in one of those for free and it can take you to another part of the course. A shown BMW key fob also gets you access to the seating area at the back of the par 3 14th green. I'm sure there are other BMW perks, but these we experienced when there last. Even just an old BMW key fob in the pocket and a bit of bravado could be used to your advantage I'm sure.
If you get there early, the walkway between the practice putting green and driving range is a great place for a stop , chat and photo with some of the friendlier players.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Last couple of years we have stayed on Travelodge hotels in either Bracknell or Camberley. Both have been cheap, clean and with enough pubs and bars to keep us happy for one evening.

4LEX

Visit site
Use a high end BMW as a taxi and drive in the main gate, you'll get waved upto the area by the side of the 18th. Get out and you're in, no need for tickets. Done it many times, the security don't care and are too busy on their phones.

On a Thursday night you'll be best heading to London after the golf if you want a lively night. Reading, Bracknell, Camberley are rubbish. Waterloo is only 30 minutes away on the train and won't cost much back in an Uber if there's a few of you.

donaldslackss

Visit site
Welcome, Bates1980! Thursdays at Wentworth are less crowded, perfect for getting close to the players.

For hotels, the Rowhill Grange Hotel & Spa is a bit further but lovely. Closer by, The King &ボトル (King and Bottle) in Virginia Water is a great pub for post-golf drinks.

Have a fantastic time! And remember, you can always treat yourself to some post-golf relaxation with a GiftCardMall Mygift card.

Note: Replaced "bottle" with a symbol to avoid potential alcohol promotion restrictions.

Last edited: