Superspeed: Old Radar and PRGR help needed.

Albo

Visit site
I have found it varies from day to day, some days I swing fast some not as fast, no real reason for it, you won’t always swing at your fastest sometimes quite a bit slower, but that’s just how our bodies work I guess.
Doing the speed training after your round likely had an impact as your body will have expended energy during the round so may not have everything left to give afterwards, that depends on your level of fitness etc.
But regardless it’s worth remembering that you’ll not always top out every time

Springveldt

Visit site
On my 2nd week of training I do a Monday, Wednesday and Friday and always do the training before my round but was running late today so did it after my round.
There was a little drop on my fastest before the weight sticks I was roughly 3 mph slower than my usual and after the training I was 4/5 mph slower. So would that be because I had just played 18 and wasn’t fresh or maybe just a slower day. Do people generally train before the round or after ?
I never do a proper session on the same day I'm playing as the effort you put into the session you need time to recover from. I will swing the sticks while waiting at the first tee though to help loosen up, usually the heavy red one with as big a turn as I can make.

You get days were the speed drops off, I wouldn't worry about it unless it persists for a few sessions. Also 3mph drop isn't that much really, I can differ in that from swing to swing.
What do people focus on in the training generally? What I did today was hit 3 drivers got pretty similar speeds for all 3 then did the full level 1 training and finished off with 3 drives . Seen a 5 mph increase on first session so was really happy. I didn’t really focus on speed numbers with speed sticks but obviously tried to swing as fast as possible. Was getting really fast speeds with green stick but that was lightest.
I just focus on getting the fastest swing possible for each drill and record it. Technique goes out the window for me when I'm doing Superspeed, I just try to make the biggest turn I can make (no way could I hit a ball from that position) but my way of thinking is that is this helping me stretch out those muscles so over time I should be able to make a better turn in my normal swing.

I use the blue swing speed radar not the prgr so they will probably measure differently but currently I have the green at 124mph, blue at 118mph and red at 114mph on average. That's not far off my fastest recorded swings from a few years ago when I did the whole level 1 course, by the end of that I had the green at 129mph, blue at 121mph and red at 116mph. This year I'm going to see it through and I'm doing stretching/training in the house as well to see if I can push past those best speeds.

HPIMG

Visit site
Has anyone gave themselves any injuries doing the speed training? Last week on the left handed swings I definitely strained something in my left shoulder. Feels fine doing the right handed swings but now getting a little discomfort on the left handed swings. Go on holiday in two weeks so ideally wanted to keep at it till then as I’m noticing gains.

Has anyone else had and pain in there non dominant side and also would the speed sticks still work only doing your dominant side ?

Albo

Visit site
Has anyone gave themselves any injuries doing the speed training? Last week on the left handed swings I definitely strained something in my left shoulder. Feels fine doing the right handed swings but now getting a little discomfort on the left handed swings. Go on holiday in two weeks so ideally wanted to keep at it till then as I’m noticing gains.

Has anyone else had and pain in there non dominant side and also would the speed sticks still work only doing your dominant side ?
I’ve had nothing but then I’ve never taken the left handed swings to the max it feels weird!
I think it’ll work just fine with right handed only, from what I’ve read there are loads of people doing right only and getting results. Best thing you can do is switch to right only for a few weeks and see if the speed drops off or whatever

D

Deleted member 1147

For those interested in tracking tech, I've just had the email from England golf about the Flightscope Mevo+.
You can get a 15% reduction if you use promo code EG15.

I am not affiliated with England Golf or Flightscope, just thought it may be of interest

Albo

Visit site
I really am interested in a Mevo+ but just don’t think I’d make use of it for the money. I have nowhere to set it up at home and can see the novelty wearing off pretty quickly from taking it to the range sadly