BMW Championship...

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Course was looking exceptional yesterday. Have been the las 3/4 years now and based on my one day there the move to september was a brilliant choice. It's probably quite hard to make the place look bad, but it really, really looked great.

Bonkers tee shot from Rory, here's hoping he can find the rest of his game to match it!

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Away from the McIlroy circus, Matt Wallace playing well. Be interesting to see if he can keep his cool long term or just flip and throw his caddie in a water hazard.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
All the way to the bottom of the slope - and on the fairway (well on a walkway, but that's the flat bit!).
He's struggling now......
I know it's probably going to change but the cut line at the moment( if the round was finished) is level par and it'll be somewhere close to that tomorrow
He may need to be 8 shots better than today just to make the cut.
Of course he's capable of doing that but not means having to push for birdies and that's when more mistakes can tot up his number.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Anyone seen any comments on the ‘speed of play’ initiatives?
Seems to me that some work is still needed, Rose, Rahm and Reed took 5 hours for their round.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was there and in the afternoon around 17&18 it got really backed up because players were waiting for greens to clear.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I also attended. Spent some time at the 4th and just wondered if this really should be labelled a Par 4 instead of a Par 5 ? Downhill drive and with 6 Eagles and 74 Birdies recorded culminating in a stroke average of 4.41 shows that it’s closer to par 4 than 5.
What would be the downside to doing this ? Are there any performance issues or stats issues that benefit it being a par 5 ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
McIlroy crawls into the weekend but not playing well and looked out of sorts especially around the greens. His Wentworth PGA record is not great with a number of missed cuts so a course he either chews up, as he has, or really struggles and never a middle ground.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Don't think the TV coverage is showing the course off very well for condition etc
Greens look great but the back 9 looks ropey (haven't seen the front 9 yet)