BMW Championship...

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fantastic round. At the top it'll be very interesting to see who pulls through tomorrow. Hard to pick a winner
I'm not a fan of Rahm or Willet so hoping that Rosey will come good.also like the look of the saffer don't ask me to spell his name,but he is playing some good stuff and definitely one to keep an eye on in future

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't think the TV coverage is showing the course off very well for condition etc
Greens look great but the back 9 looks ropey (haven't seen the front 9 yet)

I guess you mean ropey because the fairways are the deep green fairways you see on the PGA ? It’s what most courses look like due to another dry spell

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like a win guaranteed for Willett now. So nice to see the turnaround in his career in the last year. A win in Dubai at the DP Tour in November, and now a win at Wentworth. Be amazing to see him make the next Ryder Cup team after everything he's been through.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Looks like a win guaranteed for Willett now. So nice to see the turnaround in his career in the last year. A win in Dubai at the DP Tour in November, and now a win at Wentworth. Be amazing to see him make the next Ryder Cup team after everything he's been through.
Winning a Major seems to either kick you on or kick you in the teeth for a while.
Good to have him back at the top of leaderboards

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Didn't he have a serious back injury, and also a shoulder injury and got addicted to "chomping painkillers" in his own words. Didn't he a back op? If so good to see him fight back from all of that to get to winning again. Definitely a good start to a RC qualifying campaign

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good win for Willets puts him back up where he should be in the world rankings.

I was impressed with Rory's attitude. 3 year's ago his shoulders would have dropped after his poor first round but his head seems in a much more grown-up place these days and another Top 10 finish

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Willet got caught up in becoming too technical. Now tries to play natural/instinctive golf.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses from here, flagship event on the European Tour.

Simonsmh

Visit site
I was there today. After making a mess of the 11th from tee to green Willet holed a fantastic putt on the 11th green for bogey.

Really pleased for him and would have felt for him if he had not gone on to win.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Anyone seen any comments or feedback on the Tours pace of play initiatives which were introduced exclusively at this event ?

Visit site
I went on Thursday and walked round the course twice following various groups, and actually commented that the pace of play seemed quite reasonable - at times even (dare I say it...) quite fast!! Very little player-caddy chit chat on the tees, even on day one.

The PGA Tour is where the real problem is.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone seen any comments or feedback on the Tours pace of play initiatives which were introduced exclusively at this event ?
Day 1 Matthew Fitzpatrick was critical as he had to wait on every tee yet was within his allotted time. I haven't seen comments following the end of the tournament though. Great point.

micklson66

Visit site
I also attended. Spent some time at the 4th and just wondered if this really should be labelled a Par 4 instead of a Par 5 ? Downhill drive and with 6 Eagles and 74 Birdies recorded culminating in a stroke average of 4.41 shows that it’s closer to par 4 than 5.
What would be the downside to doing this ? Are there any performance issues or stats issues that benefit it being a par 5 ?

was thinking the exact same. stood there for a while watching and its an easy hit for these guys.