BLM protests/ Riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
No I'm 37. Funny how you left out my experiences of being beaten and left bleeding for my jacket out your post and being chased through the streets of Birmingham. I have experienced racism and I'm sorry it not to your level of extreme. Bottom line is opportunitys are there for everyone. Funny how Asian people are not beeting their drum. Why? they apply themselves, take the opportunity they have been given a make something of themselves. All the Asian kids at my school sat at the front and got straight A's in all their subjects. None of them got held back and spout racism at every possible opportunity. I went to school with lots of Asian kids and today they are extremely successful in life.

I got my phone nicked by a Romanian in a pub. It must have been racially motivated!

Ahh yes, the generalisation of all Asians to show you aren’t racist. All we need to do is convince the black like the all Asians community to apply themselves and then this will sort itself out.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No because they will be afraid of the reaction from the rioters.

What a load of drivel. You are surpassing yourself.

I know this is a forum mainly populated by reasonably well-off older white males, so I should know what to expect, but some of the stuff I've read in this thread just makes me despair.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No I'm 37. Funny how you left out my experiences of being beaten and left bleeding for my jacket out your post and being chased through the streets of Birmingham. I have experienced racism and I'm sorry it not to your level of extreme. Bottom line is opportunitys are there for everyone. Funny how Asian people are not beeting their drum. Why? they apply themselves, take the opportunity they have been given a make something of themselves. All the Asian kids at my school sat at the front and got straight A's in all their subjects. None of them got held back and spout racism at every possible opportunity. I went to school with lots of Asian kids and today they are extremely successful in life.

Funny, I thought Muslims were the bogeymen, or was that last month?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I am looking forwards to the next Cancer Research appeal.

Please donate to help fight cancer, it is a disease that impacts a lot of society, but with your help we can significantly reduce the impact and give people a better life and build a better society*

*also we must point out there are lots of other nasty diseases that people suffer from such as Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies, African trypanosomiasis, Visceral leishmaniasis, Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, Naegleria fowleri, Flu season, Seasonal Influenza and Rabies. So if you're suffering from cancer then put a lid on it and stop keep going on about it. All diseases matter.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

I know this is a forum mainly populated by reasonably well-off older white males, so I should know what to expect, but some of the stuff I've read in this thread just makes me despair.

And the proof of my post that remarks are made by people who have no idea of my background and experience came to pass in less than an hour. Time to go as the bait not debate crew are in.

First time I've been described as well off older white, only correct in one part.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got my phone nicked by a Romanian in a pub. It must have been racially motivated!

Ahh yes, the generalisation of all Asians to show you aren’t racist. All we need to do is convince the black like the all Asians community to apply themselves and then this will sort itself out.
Well, when the guys mugging me said "you white Sutton Boys always have more money than this where is it? “. Then yeh, I take that as racist.

And just for the record. Being general about about a group is not racist. Is it racist to say that black people are much better sprinters than white people? The Olympic medal table would confirm that.

From reading your other posts you seem to want to squeeze racism out of every word you can find. It just makes people act a lot more dismissive about your comments.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, when the guys mugging me said "you white Sutton Boys always have more money than this where is it? “. Then yeh, I take that as racist.

And just for the record. Being general about about a group is not racist. Is it racist to say that black people are much better sprinters than white people? The Olympic medal table would confirm that.

From reading your other posts you seem to want to squeeze racism out of every word you can find. It just makes people act a lot more dismissive about your comments.

It only makes idiots dismissive, that’s fine by me.

You can focus all you want on individual acts of prejudice. Racism is insidious.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You are a reasonably well off white man. Does that make you incapable of a reasoned opinion, or is that you are not 'older' you have a get out of jail free card to your own condemnation.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Obviously everyone understands the evil of racism.

I think Wolf is right, anyone who says that whites can’t have an opinion is an idiot. But we can never truly understand what it’s like.

I ask you this; there is specific, documented information available of every aspect of pregnancy. Do you think a man can know truly know what going through pregnancy is like?
I honestly dont understand this. Are you suggesting that people who havent actually experienced something cant understand it, they wont have experienced it but they will understand the issue and what the effects are on people who have. Do I need to have Covid to understand what it's like, do I need to be hung to have an opinion on the death penalty. I honestly dont know why this type of arguement is being used. It is detracting from my comments anyhow.

The point I was trying to make which seems to be getting diverted is that protesting, rioting, using slogans written on pieces of cardboard, throwing statues in a dock will not solve anything. This will all blow over if left as it is just like the riots a decade ago where an armed black man was shot by a policeman. The real issues need to be understood, not the slogans but the real issues clear and undeniable if they are to be changed.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I honestly dont understand this. Are you suggesting that people who havent actually experienced something cant understand it, they wont have experienced it but they will understand the issue and what the effects are on people who have. Do I need to have Covid to understand what it's like. I honestly dont know why this type of arguement is being used.

Let's do a test. Brave forum members can insist to their partners they know exactly how they felt when they were pregnant. Let's see who ends up in the dog house! Or ask them to explain what a kick in the nuts feels like.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
After we have torn down all the offensive statues....I was half expecting the Colston mob to start whacking him with their flip flops!
Maybe we should knock the Pyramids...Great wall of china...Machu pichu down, all built with
enforced slavery....

Honestly social media is so full of White millennials full of guilt over slavery that any real genuine cause is lost in the cacophony of ignorance and faux outrage.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

don’t really want to get drawn into the false equivalence nonsense on the threat, except to say it’s an incredibly nuanced issue. However this is the very definition of racism!!:eek:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Let's do a test. Brave forum members can insist to their partners they know exactly how they felt when they were pregnant. Let's see who ends up in the dog house! Or ask them to explain what a kick in the nuts feels like.
They both feel extremely painful. I think we all understand what pain feels like and are intelligent enough to understand what it is like for others. I'm losing the point here, if white people are not allowed an opinion on racism the solution to it is lost.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
don’t really want to get drawn into the false equivalence nonsense on the threat, except to say it’s an incredibly nuanced issue. However this is the very definition of racism!!:eek:
Come on now, is saying 'Black lives matter' not a generalisation about a group.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you're saying it's racist to say that black people are the best at sprinting in the world? The fact that every gold medal has gone to that group doesn't matter ?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
They both feel extremely painful. I think we all understand what pain feels like and are intelligent enough to understand what it is like for others

But it's nuanced, that's the point. A kick in the plums feels nothing like a broken bone.

I'm losing the point here, if white people are not allowed an opinion on racism the solution to it is lost.

And I totally agree as I said in the post before quoted. But an opinion and ignorantly believing you completely understand something are totally different. Hence the wife test!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s total obfuscation and false equivalence to cite the 2 examples above. The movement itself has a racial definition obviously , the sprinter thing, unrelated nonsense.

If you think systemic racism isn’t a thing because of the above or because individually you had a bad experience then unfortunately you’re part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.