Blades ? Good or Bad

Question for the Pros. Would you recommend blades to a 12 handicapper like me or say stick with cavity backs ?.
I am thinking about getting some R9 tp irons, would it be a case of take 1 step back to take two steps forward EG playing with blades would make me a better ball striker, more diatnce tec or would you say no blades of 8 handicappers or less ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have Mizuno MP68s, proper blades in my opinion, and they are fantastic. I don't think they are very much more difficult to hit than a decent cavity back. I think the idea that cavity backs are so much easier to hit is possibly a myth but definitely overstated, and I have no idea how players manage to hit the ball with some of the cavity back shovels that are available.

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
I use a titleist 690mb irons, these are a blade and work well for me. Best off getting some tape on your current irons and see how you hit the ball. If you are off the centre and still have good distance then you may be able to move to blades, if on the other hand you are all over the face then i would stay well clear.