Bit of a Push...

ritchieis

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hey, looking for some free advice please..

Was at the range last night having "adjusted" my swing slightly in order to rid myself of inconsistency - it has worked....I am now consistently pushing the ball stright right!!!

I was with a mate who suggested that I was not keeping my weight on the right handside for long enough at the top of the backswing before transition. I took this into account and it seemed to help. Does this sound feasible??

The annoying thing was I was making good contact and felt the swing was "almost there" just happened to be going straight right!!!

Comments appreciated...

ritchieis

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks,

I felt parralel to target line and used a club on the deck to check position of feet. However I guess my shoulders could still have been poining eastwards?

Is there any easy way to make sure your alignment is spot on?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The annoying thing was I was making good contact and felt the swing was "almost there" just happened to be going straight right!!!

If you are pushing straight right then you're correct.. your swing IS almost there.

My suggestion: you're keeping your weight on the right side for too long :D
You need to get your swingpath more out-to-in so that the ball draws back in... hanging back on your right side won't achieve that.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd give anything to push the ball a little every time. From there, I'd either grip it stronger or quicken up my hands through the ball.

- - - -

f.w.i.w. I say forget all the weight business, learn to get it closer to square and ENJOY!!!