Difference between a push and a draw ?

HPIMG

Visit site
I had a new pro look at my swing today after working hard and finally getting rid of my over the top fault. So I have definitely got a in to out swing path set in stone now and all my shots are starting right and giving me a baby draw but when I go to a 3 wood or driver and I either get a baby draw or a push.
I only had a 45 min lesson and do plan to get a few more in the new year so didn’t get to ask the pro everything today but he did say a push vs a draw is almost the same shot very tiny differences. What causes the push to happen instead of the draw ? I did try typing draw vs push into YouTube but nothing really comes up comparing the two.

Jason.H

Visit site
You mention “baby draw”. Make sure you start the ball inside the right edge of the fairway so if you push it straight it should be ok.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Put "golf ball flight laws" into your search engine / browser
This will tell you. In short, the push is where the swing path is in to out & the club face is square to the swing path. With the draw, the face is slightly closed (i.e. pointing left) in relation to the swing path, putting an anti clockwise spin on the ball.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I may be over simplifying it but I thought a draw curved in flight and a push went straight right. How they happen though is beyond me ?

Albo

Visit site
Pretty much need your face to be a couple of degrees closed at impact on the same swing path as your push and it will become a baby draw

Barking_Mad

Visit site
If 12pm is out to your target then your club face is square at impact but aimed at say 1pm or 2pm depending on how far right the push is.

So with these clubs you're coming a little too much from in to out. You need to either close the face to impart draw on the ball or come a little straighter with your club path.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
All I know is that when I have a driver lesson the pro can get me doing a beautiful baby draw. When I go out on the course and repeat the same swing, in my head, it becomes a push :LOL:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In simple terms

a push is the club face moving in to out with a club face square to the path of the club face at impact

a draw is the club face moving in to out with the club face slightly closed to the path of the club face at impact

If you are comparing your woods verses irons , woods are designed to spin less than irons.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
face sends it, path bends it.

Without knowing your club path figures, and your face angle figures...it's hard to be accurate as to what is causing it for you.

Same face angle, but a path that is slightly more to the right will equal a draw.