Big Problem with Sun Mountain H2NO bag

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's not looking good.
Clubhouse have replied and said that Sun Mountain have rejected the claim as they cannot resolve it under the warranty conditions. Clubhouse say that my contract is with them. Sun Mountain are refusing to do anything, so Clubhouse can't do anything either. I have replied asking if that means they are not prepared to fight a little harder for their customer. We will see what they say.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a trawl through my emails to see if I could find out who dealt with me a year or so back, but I must have deleted that far back

I hope it gets sorted for you though

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Too wide to be a handle IMO but that wouldn't stop me moving it in my boot with it but you must have given it a bloody good lift or have a lot of gear in your bag for it to break. Would a good cobbler not be able to repair it for you?
I have dealt with guys at rsmg sales previously and found them to be excellent and very helpful. When I called them they answered the phone with hello rather than some long company name but thought nothing of it.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You don't appear to have a big problem with Sun Mountain, you appear to have a big problem with Clubhouse;

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

As others have said and the Which link says, your recourse is with the retailer. If the retailer initially agreed it was defective they should have replaced it, but they appear to be hiding behind Sun Mountain's skirts and getting no small measure of praise from you whilst you slag off Sun Mountain.

For mine it's nothing like a handle, it's far too wide & has no substance to it.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You don't appear to have a big problem with Sun Mountain, you appear to have a big problem with Clubhouse;

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

As others have said and the Which link says, your recourse is with the retailer. If the retailer initially agreed it was defective they should have replaced it, but they appear to be hiding behind Sun Mountain's skirts and getting no small measure of praise from you whilst you slag off Sun Mountain.

For mine it's nothing like a handle, it's far too wide & has no substance to it.
I have no doubt that my contract is with Clubhouse and I am worried that they have just accepted Sun Mountain's rejection of the complaint without question. I do have some sympathy though, as they didn't make the bag. I can also see that if Sun Mountain won't do anything then Clubhouse will be out of pocket if they replace the bag. That said, if it was my company, I would keep the customer happy, replace the product and send the manufacturer a debit note. Clubhouse holds much more sway than I do with Sun Mountain. I only bought one bag.
i am concerned about the mysterious and all powerful European distributor that I am not allowed to contact or even know their name. I only wanted to let them know my concern over their refusal to do anything and ask them to reconsider, just in case Clubhouse weren't putting my case strongly enough.
As for the strap, you can easily grip your hand around it and I actually thought the rubbery thing on the front was to enhance your grip. As it's on the outside of the cart strap pass through panel, I can't actually see what purpose it serves.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Too wide to be a handle IMO but that wouldn't stop me moving it in my boot with it but you must have given it a bloody good lift or have a lot of gear in your bag for it to break. Would a good cobbler not be able to repair it for you?
I have dealt with guys at rsmg sales previously and found them to be excellent and very helpful. When I called them they answered the phone with hello rather than some long company name but thought nothing of it.
That's the thing. I didn't give it a big pull at all. A very good point made by a forumer on here was that if it came away that easily, it probably wouldn't have held my bag on the cart anyway, which apparently is what it was supposed to do.
I guess a good cobbler could fix it but I think the manufacturer should really put it right. Alternatively, I am sure a good pull on the other end of the panel will remove it all together.
I can't remember ever complaining about anything before and the whole thing has left a bit of a nasty taste. I feel like dumping it at the tip.

Last edited:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's the thing. I didn't give it a big pull at all. A very good point made by a forumer on here was that if it came away that easily, it probably wouldn't have held my bag on the cart anyway, which apparently is what it was supposed to do.
I guess a good cobbler could fix it but I think the manufacturer should really put it right. Alternatively, I am sure a good pull on the other end of the panel will remove it all together.
I can't remember ever complaining about anything before and the whole thing has left a bit of a nasty taste. I feel like dumping it at the tip.

Don't do that...I'll take it off your hands.

Why not email a link to this thread to Sun mountain?
They won't like the negative image their company is portraying.

REcently I had a customer service issue with a broadband provider and was getting nowhere ringing them.
A couple of days of repeated use of their name on Twitter (with relevant hashtag and @address) got the desired response.
Twitter is far too public for companies to ignore if a customer is unhappy

Keyser Soze

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't help but feel that Sun Mountain (and/or Clubhouse) would reject your claim on the basis that there is such an obvious handle only a few inches above the sleeve (or whatever you want to call it).

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't help but feel that Sun Mountain (and/or Clubhouse) would reject your claim on the basis that there is such an obvious handle only a few inches above the sleeve (or whatever you want to call it).
They are rejecting my claim in the basis that it isn't covered under the warrenty as it has been used as a handle when it wasn't designed as such.
However, having used the bag today in the rain, when it came to take the bag off the cart at the end of the round, when the rain hood is on you simply have to grab this panel to take the cart off the bag. There is nothing else to take hold of. The main handles are under the rain hood, as they were when I moved the bag when the strap became detached.
It seems to me almost every bag has a forward facing handle, including those made by Sun Mountain.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't do that...I'll take it off your hands.

Why not email a link to this thread to Sun mountain?
They won't like the negative image their company is portraying.

REcently I had a customer service issue with a broadband provider and was getting nowhere ringing them.
A couple of days of repeated use of their name on Twitter (with relevant hashtag and @address) got the desired response.
Twitter is far too public for companies to ignore if a customer is unhappy
A chap at work tweeted something about having trouble getting milk at Tesco and within half an hour he had received a tweet from Tesco, making sure he had got his milk OK. Social media is a big thing for big companies now. I am sure they employ people just to search for their name on Twitter etc.
Interestingly, when I had the conversation with the chap from Sun Mountain in the UK ( well their customer interface) when he disagreed with my interpretation that it was a handle, I mentioned that I had been discussing it on a golf forum and most but not all responders disagreed with him. He suddenly got very stroppy and told me not to threaten him. I assured him I wasn't threatening anyone. I only phoned to ask for an email address.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Done the same thing on twitter with Debenhams and Talk Talk to resolve huge customer service issues relating to the move into the new house. Like others it worked a dream and strangely where there was intransigence before, within hours a solution could be found along with an apology. I'd be getting on there now mention the retailer and Sun Mountain and maybe a link to the thread.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
A chap at work tweeted something about having trouble getting milk at Tesco and within half an hour he had received a tweet from Tesco, making sure he had got his milk OK. Social media is a big thing for big companies now. I am sure they employ people just to search for their name on Twitter etc.
Interestingly, when I had the conversation with the chap from Sun Mountain in the UK ( well their customer interface) when he disagreed with my interpretation that it was a handle, I mentioned that I had been discussing it on a golf forum and most but not all responders disagreed with him. He suddenly got very stroppy and told me not to threaten him. I assured him I wasn't threatening anyone. I only phoned to ask for an email address.
If you are going to use Twitter, just put some thought into how you word your tweet. I believe Twitter is covered by same libel laws as printed material (but harder to police). Give them the opportunity to turn an unhappy customer into a happy one

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There seems to be quite a bit of pig headedness going on from both Clubhouse and Sun Mountain.

As far as Clubhouse are concerned, you couldn't care less what Sun Mountain say, because they carry the liability under UK law and right now their reputation for helpfulness and customer service is heading south. I wouldn't buy something from them having seen this thread.

Sun Mountain seem to be placing a great deal of store on their determination that this panel is not a handle. Now, they can call it a budgie rest station if they like, what matters is what a reasonable court would consider is reasonable use of the panel, and I strongly suspect they would find for you.

I suggest the OP takes a small claims court action against Clubhouse, with full coverage here. I anticipate it doesn't get that far and a new bag appears.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I absolutely agree with your point about a users manual. By the same token, do we all have to watch a video online now to learn how to use a cart bag? My feeling is, if it isn't a handle, don't make it look like a handle and don't place it where a handle usually goes. If you are going to do that, then you have to make it clear it's not a handle or expect complaints.
To be honest, I am not really sure about the usefulness of a cart strap pass through panel. A cart strap is tight by nature of it keeping the bag on the cart, so I am not sure what purpose it serves other than decorative.
As for me deriding their products, I guess you take as you find. I always thought they had a good reputation and made good products. Sadly my one encounter with their products and customer service has proved otherwise. On that basis I think I am being entirely fair. I am glad that you have experienced better service though.

Looking at that, and then ay ALL other bag designs. ALL other manufacturers expect the strap for the cart to sit slightly higher so it does not compress the top part of the side pockets.

I would ask the local rep to call in on you and demonstrate the bag set up on a trolley next to a motocaddy / powercaddy, stewart or any other. They might make waterproof bags but the are not ergonomic or sensible and quality in their structure or fabrication.

I have the carry bag and the straps are garbage, even when it really pours down, due to the design of the hood water can get in through the securing points.

I wont be buying Sum Mountain again, a bit like their Ryder Cup waterproofs to be honest

I would also send Sunmountain a link to their UK site see below, there is no indication on the site that it is for a cart strap to pass through. Here is the link for you

http://www.sunmountaingolf.co.uk/product.php/330/sun-mountain-h2n0-waterproof-staff-cart-bag-lime-white-2014-model

As a good Samaritan I have emailed Sun Mountain in the states letting them know of the Suppliers and Sellers in the UK and also of this thread and how it is part of the UK's biggest and best golf forum.

Last edited:

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at that, and then ay ALL other bag designs. ALL other manufacturers expect the strap for the cart to sit slightly higher so it does not compress the top part of the side pockets.

I would ask the local rep to call in on you and demonstrate the bag set up on a trolley next to a motocaddy / powercaddy, stewart or any other. They might make waterproof bags but the are not ergonomic or sensible and quality in their structure or fabrication.

I have the carry bag and the straps are garbage, even when it really pours down, due to the design of the hood water can get in through the securing points.

I wont be buying Sum Mountain again, a bit like their Ryder Cup waterproofs to be honest

I would also send Sunmountain a link to their UK site see below, there is no indication on the site that it is for a cart strap to pass through. Here is the link for you

http://www.sunmountaingolf.co.uk/pr...terproof-staff-cart-bag-lime-white-2014-model

As a good Samaritan I have emailed Sun Mountain in the states letting them know of the Suppliers and Sellers in the UK and also of this thread and how it is part of the UK's biggest and best golf forum.
That is brilliant. thanks for your help!

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have just received a telephone call and email from Clubhouse Golf. They say that Sun Mountain are still refusing to accept responsibility for this issue, even though Clubhouse have received a number of similar complaints about this strap.
To their credit Clubhouse have agreed to replace the bag and I guess they will continue to argue the point with Sun Mountain.
So all things considered, whilst I wish I hadn't had to go through any of this, Clubhouse get a big thumbs up from me and I will buy from them with confidence in the future.
As for Sun Mountain, well it's the last thing I will ever touch from them. Even the UK email address they provided me with has bounced back. I am not sure if the US office ever got my emails. They certainly didn't respond, not even with a courtesy "thank you for your email" message.

LinksTurf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good to hear Sweep. I have to say I was considering buying a waterproof bag and the H2NO was one I was looking at. I won't be considering Sun Mountain now however, so ultimately poor customer service such as this from the manufacturer costs them sales.

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Try this as I've had email conversations through this with Sun Mountain: sales@rsmg.eu
On the flip side of Sweeps experience I've found them to be excellent to deal with and the bag (H2NO Stand) excellent.