Big Max hybrid bags.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know the difference between the dri lite hybrid and aqua hybrid apart from about £60?
I've read one is waterproof and the other is water resistant whatever that means.
I'm looking at getting a trolley but I also like to carry so one of these bags look right up my street.

Mandofred

Visit site
I bought a Big Max Dri Lite Seven back about the beginning of December. It is just big enough to use all of the time....I can get all 14 clubs (with mid-size grips). There is enough room for my waterproofs and a couple other small things like water bottle, small amount of food, wallet etc, but that's about it. If the bags you are looking at are any bigger than the Seven you should be fine. Mine states it is water resistant, I've poured water on the side of it and nothing got through it after I let it sit there for a while. If their other water resistant ones are similar, I'd call them waterproof enough for me. I posted a review https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/review-big-max-dri-lite-7.107350/

I'll be switching back to my Ping Pioneer w/trolley when we get going again....I do like to take extra "stuff".

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Generally waterproof would mean no matter how much of a monsoon you're in, no water is getting in. Whereas water resistant just means it's good for light showers or very brief downpours, but sustained rain would still get through. It's the same with jackets, and often shoes. Waterproof means they're guaranteeing it's waterproof, but if they're saying it's water resistant, I guess that means they don't want to guarantee that it's waterproof in case people came back complaining and asking for refunds when it isn't.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I bought a Big Max Dri Lite Seven back about the beginning of December. It is just big enough to use all of the time....I can get all 14 clubs (with mid-size grips). There is enough room for my waterproofs and a couple other small things like water bottle, small amount of food, wallet etc, but that's about it. If the bags you are looking at are any bigger than the Seven you should be fine. Mine states it is water resistant, I've poured water on the side of it and nothing got through it after I let it sit there for a while. If their other water resistant ones are similar, I'd call them waterproof enough for me. I posted a review https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/review-big-max-dri-lite-7.107350/

I'll be switching back to my Ping Pioneer w/trolley when we get going again....I do like to take extra "stuff".

Thanks I'll check it out ?
It would be the 14 way bag I'd be after btw.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The dri lite?

Yeah , I have had a waterproof and this bag

Material seems the same. The zips are sealed the same

Maybe it leaks in via the top or something? But hey water always finds a way

I wore Galvin greens for a round in soaking wet and by end my top and bottoms were dry but my pants were soaked from the water leaking down the belt bit

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah , I have had a waterproof and this bag

Material seems the same. The zips are sealed the same

Maybe it leaks in via the top or something? But hey water always finds a way

I wore Galvin greens for a round in soaking wet and by end my top and bottoms were dry but my pants were soaked from the water leaking down the belt bit
That's probably the excuse I'd have given as well. :p

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blimey, these Big Max bags are popular.
I wanted the Dri Lite hybrid as it had 7 pockets but I could only find the Dri Lite Tour hybrid is stock, the Tour version has less pockets and I knew it would bug me in the future.
I found an Aqua hybrid in the colour I wanted so I ordered one this morning, this one has loads of pockets and looks the biz.
Maybe a touch more expensive but it has everything I need and more ?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blimey, these Big Max bags are popular.
I wanted the Dri Lite hybrid as it had 7 pockets but I could only find the Dri Lite Tour hybrid is stock, the Tour version has less pockets and I knew it would bug me in the future.
I found an Aqua hybrid in the colour I wanted so I ordered one this morning, this one has loads of pockets and looks the biz.
Maybe a touch more expensive but it has everything I need and more ?

We could have come to a deal lol I'm sure I'd waste cash on a new bag soon lol ?