Best wet/cold weather gloves

D

Deleted member 16999

If you use a battery powered trolley have a look at the Motocaddy plug-in hot mittens, really work for the cold in between shots, the macwets then work well.

If you are carry and are considering mitterns, seriously, have a look at the waterproof pram mittens, they come in plain black, look no different to the “golf” mittens, work just as well as any golf branded pair and are only a third of the price.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Macwets have 2 options - the climatec ones are meant to be a bit better in the cold. If it's cold and wet, I wear the climatec Macwets but, between shots, I wear a pair of mittens with a disposable hand warmer (Little Hotties etc) in each. For me, that does the job - good grip for the shots and hands keeping warm.
I agree........ I've generally found that wet gloves are good at just that & another solution is needed for the cold.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just found a set of the GG ones in my bag, I'm out this week and will let you know what I think. I got them last year in a sale for £20. Forgot I had them as they were under the 80 golf balls that I have just emptied from my bag. ??

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How about getting some of the big mittens for inbetween shots?

I have mizuno rain gloves which are brilliant in the wet but don't keep you warm. I've tried warm gloves and i find them too thick. Now I use a regular glove but wear the mittens inbetween. They work well.
This .
Get the Titleist mittens they are massive and make it easy to get on and off wearing gloves underneath.

D

Deleted member 15344

Its going to be very hard to find gloves that do both

UA and GG have pairs that try to do both

The gloves that are useful in the rain are mainly for keeping grip on the club as opposed to keeping your hands dry

The gloves that keep you warm are mainly slightly fleeced lined but as soon as it gets wet will soak through

I have the FJ wet gloves and they do that job

And a pair of FJ cold gloves which keep hands warm

If it’s cold and wet then it’s the wet gloves and grab a pair of mittens to wear in between shots

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Alas no one has come up with a solution under one product as far as I know. I've had several different makes of wet weather gloves that were great for wet weather when it's not cold but left your hands freezing when it was anything under 10 deg. Also had several pairs of cold weather gloves too, on the whole found all but the galvin green ones bulky. The galvin ones a great, but leather outer, which wears out in parts if there is any grip issues. Downside with the GG like all their stuff is on the expensive side.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I use a loose mitten over my right hand when walking between shots with a trolley and put my left hand in my pocket with a hand warmer then just slip off the mitten to play a shot.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I have a pair of pram Mitts which were dirt cheap from Amazon. They have velcro on the palms so you can keep them attached to the trolley and you can slip your hands in and out while wearing a regular glove. They look a bit silly, but do a really good job.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a pair of pram Mitts which were dirt cheap from Amazon. They have velcro on the palms so you can keep them attached to the trolley and you can slip your hands in and out while wearing a regular glove. They look a bit silly, but do a really good job.
Are they pink ??

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I had Macwets they were great for grip but I don’t think they lasted particularly well. Although I think most players change there gloves more often than I probably do.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I had Macwets they were great for grip but I don’t think they lasted particularly well. Although I think most players change there gloves more often than I probably do.

My Macwets got a split along the left thumb where it joined the main body of the glove very early on. The glove was functional but now got a new pair. Fantastic in the wet and not had too many problems with the cold. Played on Saturday in the minus wind chill and some rain/sleet and had the rain gloves on for a few holes but managed to cope ok. I did have some winter mitts with me but reticent to use them with the Macwets and getting the inside damp as I thought that would impact keeping my hands warmer once the rain stopped.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've tried various combinations of gloves and devices, from electrical hand warmers to various wet weather and waterproof gloves.

The best method I've settled on is a FootJoy RainGrip glove, a pair of Galvin Green Windstopper mittens, and buying Hothands in bulk and just accepting the hands will get damp. As long as I keep my hands in the warm mittens between shots and out of the wind they don't get cold.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
As already mentioned, wet and cold gloves are two different things. I use the Footjoy raingrip gloves for wet weather, but since they work best when they're wet (as do MacWets), they're no good in cold weather, because they're wet. If it's really cold, I sometimes use a pair of winter gloves, have a GG pair of Windstoppers from about 4 years ago, and a pair of UA coldgear gloves, both are good at the job. I have an issue with wearing black gloves, just don't like wearing them, so unless it's really wet, just make do with a pair of mittens for the cold.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used the GG ones today, have to say they did the job perfectly, my hands were warm enough, where as my mates were freezing. I'm sure there are cheaper ones that do the same, but I'm very glad I have them.
Think they would be crap in the rain, but that's not what they are designed for. ??????

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Interested in this as I get cold hands at the best of times. Played yesterday and tried some fj winter gloves, found them hard to get a decent grip on the club and by the middle of the back nine, my fingers had gone numb anyway.

Mitts in between shots with hand warmers in them sounds ideal. Is there any that anyone can recommend, ideally that could clip to a trolley handle and I could keep my normal golf glove on inside? I’ve got a clicgear and they do mitts, seem to be sold out everywhere and not sure if they’re any good anyway.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Tried to play in a pair FJ winter gloves today. They lasted a hole and a half before being removed. Too thick, and you can feel the inner and outer layer moving through the swing.

Will stick with a normal glove and the mitts.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried to play in a pair FJ winter gloves today. They lasted a hole and a half before being removed. Too thick, and you can feel the inner and outer layer moving through the swing.

Will stick with a normal glove and the mitts.
I've been wearing the FJ Wintersofs for a few winters and I think they're fine. But I can't play with two gloves on, feels like I have zero feel on the club. I have to whip the right one off before hitting the shot and then pop it back on. And I have to leave the right one off while I operate Hole 19 on the phone.. I guess I might as well be using mitts really. ?

FELL75

Visit site
Not great with gloves today. Started off with an all weather, then to footjoy winter gloves, then to macwets when the rain came down. All in all pain in the backside with no feel. None kept my hands warm. Next round will be single glove, hands in pockets with pocket warmers. ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bitterly cold in the wind yesterday but a pair of UA winter mitts sorted that. Macwets for a couple of holes meant hands did get a bit chilly again (but able to grip) as I didn't want to put wet gloves inside the mittens