Best sunscreen for golf?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've used Banana Boat Sport for years, but seems very difficult to get hold of this year, what is available is mostly through Amazon and a little pricey.

Looking for a good alternative, any recommendations? Needs to be spf30 or more, good resistance to sweat, and doesn't leave greasy marks on the shirt.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
This stuff is great, usually in 30, 40 & 50 spf
Spray-on so its easy to apply, colourless and dries pretty quick so its not icky. I put it on before teeing off and don't need to top up at all

techniblock-spf-50-sunscreen-150ml.jpg
edit: oh and don't get the one with Citronella added unless you like that smell (most versions don't have it anyway and are pretty odorless)

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any old factor 50 works for me and I burn

Whatever the kids use lol ?

If it's good enough to be approved to protect their skin then I will be fine

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Nivea SPF 50 and a hat.

NIVEA-SUN-Suncream-Lotion-SPF-50-Protect-Moisture-100ml-772305.jpg

Superdrug £4.99

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'm fair skinned and burn easily. I've always taken care but still had a carcinoma removed from my face a few years ago. Since then I've been extra careful. Previously I've used Boots Factor 50+ but it does stain clothing. I've recently changed to Ultrasun SPF 50 Sports Gel sunscreen. It's transparent, doesn't stain and use less likely to run when you sweat. It's not the cheapest but it's not something I'm going to skimp on.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I read the OP my first reaction was ‘duh, stupid question’ wear what ever you like as long as you are protected.

Then I thought ‘oh hang on’, I could do with knowing which one is good, as I have stopped applying lotion mid round due to getting slippy hands. ?

So I’m watching with intent now ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
When I read the OP my first reaction was ‘duh, stupid question’ wear what ever you like as long as you are protected.

Then I thought ‘oh hang on’, I could do with knowing which one is good, as I have stopped applying lotion mid round due to getting slippy hands. ?

That's why I went for the Ultrasun. It lasts for long enough for a full round of golf without topping up.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

I slap the lotion on before leaving home, then wash hands. I have a spray in the bag for topping up mid-round if necessary and a stick (works like a lipstick) for the hooter and lips.