BEST SPIN WEDGE PRE 2010 REGS

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello,

Please could anybody tell me what the best wedge is to buy that produces the most amount of spin. Will be no problem buying pre 2010 reg wedge.

thanks

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Get the Ping I2 (not the + model). Re cut the box grooves.

Also, does anyone know if amateurs can use these nowadays? Mickleson did on the PGA tour recently to prove a point. Dont think some of his fellow players (e.g. Scott McCarron) appreciated it however.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone got any experience with the Seve range of wedges from MD?

We've got until 2024. All clubs launched after 1st Jan 2010 must conform with the new rules.

Until 2024 then it is a condition of competition by committee that enforces the rule. Recommended only for only major pro tours from 2010. Even then if it is not in the conditions of competition then pro's can use pre 2010 grooves.

From 2014 the recommendation is to have rule move into lower level pro events and elite amateur events.

From 2024 all levels of play must comply.

Also only applies to hybirds, woods and irons with a loft exceeding 25* so most of the popular lofts in hybrid are exempt.

Think I'll probably go through quite a few clubs in the next 13 years anyway. But currently I know all but my wedges comply anyway.