Best Shot Tracking App for Apple Watch

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm looking to start tracking my stats more closely next year, as part of an effort to seriously improve. Since I already have an Apple watch, I'm looking for a good app that can help me track my shots whilst on the course. Something that is quick and easy to mark a shot (distance, direction, club, etc), and if it has an accurate GPS function that'd be a bonus. Besides Arccos, which is expensive both to buy and subscribe, and the tags a tad bulky, are there any other tags that would work without a specific watch?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
If it’s about the watch I would not recommend arccos. While it does support the watch that feature is only in beta and has been there for a while, and the watch shot tracking doesn’t work properly while the phone does. I would recommend Arccos, but not because of the watch.
The Arccos link might be the solution but I haven’t used that combination yet, and it adds extra costs.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
It's more about not wanting to buy yet another watch when I already have an Apple watch. So, for example, the Hole 19 app lets you track your shots, but no through the watch. You have to use the app on your phone, so you have to keep your phone in your pocket.

The Arcoss & link combo would be ideal, as I could use my watch for GPS distances, and track using the tags/link, but as I said, it's expensive (ythe link is an extra £90 I thionk, so it's nearly £300 for everything) and the tags are bulky.

peld

Visit site
i use Hole19 on my apple watch for scoring and GPS, but just the free version (which is very good). I think if you buy the upgraded version that can do shot tracking.
i think the taylormade app also does shot trackign and stats too

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I downloaded the Taylormade app called ‘myRoundPro’. It allows all the shot tracking, let’s you set up your clubs etc. Download the courses etc. It was pretty good but I kept forgetting to enter my shot and only used it for a few rounds as I felt it was distracting (was a good excuse).

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Like any the free version takes a little to get used to. It skips to the next hole before you enter a score for example. Once you know you know.
Thanks for the titbit.

On the Apple Watch it also just shows a picture of the whole hole and a single yardage, which is why I’ve not really bothered with it. Is this just a free thing of is it like that on the paid version do you know?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the titbit.

On the Apple Watch it also just shows a picture of the whole hole and a single yardage, which is why I’ve not really bothered with it. Is this just a free thing of is it like that on the paid version do you know?

I just found it the best of the free ones for my needs, they are all much the same.

Shot tracking on free is tedious but good if you want to know, bad for tracking every shot IMO. Maybe the paid is better but I wouldn't know.

aaajjj7589

Visit site
I use the Arccos app as I got the sensors for £14. The distance to the greens etc isn't great but I have to keep my phone in my pocket for the round to make the sensors work so I just get that out to be honest.

Am I right in thinking that the link them you mention is the thing that clips onto your trousers so you don't need to use your phone?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, I got it now but haven’t played on the course since.
The watch always worked as display, just not for tracking. With the link I can use that to track (and to set pin location) and then see distances quickly on the watch.

simonm8

Visit site
I was using game golf live. Which is a free app. If you have the tags then tag before shot. The app on watch shows distance to front middle back etc. Of course you will still need your phone. I was before Xmas using the across system, worked fine for 4 rounds with me and vibrate on wrist when detects shot. Only stopped using as the trial run out and getting made redundant 3 weeks before Xmas, can’t warrant laying out £100 when looking for work so back to game golf for a bit. You could use the free app, without buying tags and when at ball just use the phone to say what club you using. Works fine.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought I’d jump on this as I got an Apple Watch from Santa.....
I normally use my Garmin but since I’ve got my new watch id use that Instead.
Looking for the Best App just for distance.

peld

Visit site
So bumping this thread because this morning, turned on my phone and watch, Hole19 app, played the first hole, went to put in my score and the app has stopped score and stat tracking on the free version.

So....what’s another good free Apple Watch app that has GPS and scoring and some basic stats tracking?

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
They’d sent out a few emails saying the watch shot tracking would become a paid feature at the beginning of the year. Think it’s still available on the phone app, just not the Apple Watch

Mike79

Visit site
I’ve used VPAR on my iPhone in the past. Think they have an Apple Watch version too. iPhone has gps and shot tracking for free. If you pay you can get handicap tracking also.

My Online Gold Club was also recommended to me but don’t think it has a watch version.