Best score you've seen?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Playing yesterday, one of my PPs played out of his skin, and ended up with a score of 50 which included one blob.

It was a genuine score, I play with him 2/3 times a week and he generally plays to or around his handicap (26), yesterday he never hit a bad shot (apart from the blob which was a lost ball), and just about every putt he hit went in.

It was great to watch, even though I felt a bit jealous with my paltry score of 30!

Anyone beat 50?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
47 is the best Stableford I’ve played alongside. He was a 17 year old who played all day every day and was vastly improving. He went from around 20 handicap when I first knew him down to about 7. He was aiming to get to low single figures to help secure a scholarship somewhere.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played with a guy who got 49 and he blobbed the last. Then a few weeks later, one of his mates got 50 so his nickname became Arthur as in "Arfur Dollar".

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played with a pro last winter who shot a scratch 60 around West Kilbride, some amazing golf that day. I did well not to distract him !

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
you can usually win out club stableford with 37 or 38 points, but seen 42 a couple of times this year, but only from guys with high handicaps having a great day. there have been some low scores this year in some of the comps, somone breaking 70 gross was a rare occurrence, but there's been a few 66 gross. i think someone did match the course record in the David Blair (north of Scotland AM) but not sure if it counted as they didn't use all the blue tee's

Wolf

Visit site
Best stableford score I've seen is 46 points was playing in a comp with an 18 handicap fella who had spent the whole winter taking lessons and practising, he went out that day played lovely golf and felt a little embarrassed about how he scored, think he finished the year nicely into single figures.

Best scratch score from an Amatuer I've seen was at Deangate Ridge in a comp Young lad playing off 1 I think at the time shot a 63 gross, his game didn't miss a beat all day just a sensational thing to watch, came across his name recently in a comp my brother has played in, think if I remember rightly he's off about +2 now.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Played with a lad who scored 45 a couple of weeks back, a 47 came in last week ! Shorter course and placing/teeing throughout the course seems to be having a huge effect on scores

D

Deleted member 21258

Had a 46 myself, seen a couple of 48s also (not in my group) on society days.

Seen a 48 and 51 in a club comp

One that did amaze was on a BB comp, a 1 h'capper getting 9 birdies:eek: that is impressive.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Years ago playing off 15 I got 46 points in a restricted club stableford comp (3clubs and a putter).
Came out the next day with the full bag, same course and conditions etc and struggled to beat 30 - what a crazy game!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone got a net 59 in a medal in September. He went round in 79, playing off 20, so probably not as impressive when you put it like that.

In terms of Stableford scores I can't recall see anything higher than 43 at our club, in the two years I've been there. The best I've done personally in a comp was net 62 in a medal (would have been 42 points in Stableford). I was playing off 22 and went round in 84.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had 46 points myself, a few years ago - very much a one-off!

Have a friend who off 28 shot 50 points in a comp last year. This year I've seen one junior score 50 points and another shoot a net 59 (both out of nowhere).

Most impressive though was the 1 handicapper's 9 birdies a few weeks ago, had the pleasure of seeing a few of them

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Best score i've witnessed was Tom Watson at the 2011 Open Championship at Royal St George's on the Saturday. It was so wet and windy i could hardly stand up. He shot +2.

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A guy on my swindle won with 49 points playing off 16. Just had a hot day.

Oh, for our Scottish friends, that was 3 over par, 75 gross, net 59.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Someone got a net 59 in a medal in September. He went round in 79, playing off 20, so probably not as impressive when you put it like that.

In terms of Stableford scores I can't recall see anything higher than 43 at our club, in the two years I've been there. The best I've done personally in a comp was net 62 in a medal (would have been 42 points in Stableford). I was playing off 22 and went round in 84.

Good scoring Pablo. 👍😁