Best score you've seen?

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never seen higher than 44 myself, although I had a 26 for front 9 this year.

Our course record was equaled this year by an extraordinary card - not one par! 11 birdies and 7 bogeys. I would have loved to have seen that round unfold - how odd

D

Deleted member 17920

Just after beating us all in Kent the other week alwaysabridesmaid watched Dave Coupland shoot 60 on the Bracken course.

Different class

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I was a teens handicap player I once shot a nett 11 under in a medal and it was only good enough for 5th place. Winning score on the day was a net 15 under.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I ran a work event at Pine Ridge in Surrey years back where 40 points got you 11th place. The kicker was when the runner-up (47) called the winner (49) a bandit. He was immediately awarded the "Kettle-pot black" award.

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
I have scored 46 points twice, first time I was playing off 16 and immediately got cut to 12, the second time was a few weeks later playing in a captains away day and got cut to 10.
Lowest medal round is a nett 59 in an away day when I was playing off 7

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I played in a 4 ball where 42 points lost to my 43. Our handicaps were separated by 0.1 but meant a full shot. He wasn't happy!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not the lowest, we not score wise anyway;)

playing an a company golf day, guy who won shot 47 points off 28 (allocated by the organizer as lots of guys who didn't play were in it, so a few were off 28) He reckoned he hadn't played for a while, turned out he was a member at a club and had a live handicap of 16 or 17... !!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We had a guy come in with a net 58 in the first round of our club championships (we have a gross prize = club champion and a handicap prize to give the majority a chance). Was leading by 12 shots at lunch. Won it by one

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a net 59 in our first round of our 36 hole open ,think I was playing off 26 at the time.

Some of the visitors were far from happy and wanted me cut for the afternoon round.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Played with a guy who’d just become a full member after 3 years as a 5 day member. He scored 51 points off 18. By the end of the summer he was well into single figures.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few months ago I managed 47 points. Gross 74, Nett 57 whilst playing off 17.
Never been close since, was never close before, either!
The art was just keeping out of trouble.

D

Deleted member 1147

Best I’ve marked is a 66 (5 under)

Best I’ve seen is a 58, by Jim Furyk on the tv.

The best Stableford score I’ve witnessed was still a crap round so I wouldn’t count it!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played with Merv79 when he went round Ferndown in five under gross. Drive4Show really knows how to pick his partners.:whistle:

Best round I ever had at Blackmoor was a nett 63, but got beaten into second place by a nett 58.:eek:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would have to blow my own trumpet here when I shot 86 , 4 under gross round the Cheshire at Carden park last year , birdied the last 5 holes.

Also have to say NW Jocko's round at Coventry this year was quite tasty too

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Played with a local guy who plays uk pro events etc shot 10 under round pollok gc so I'd have to say that as it's one I witnessed personally. 'Greatest scores' have to be scratch scores for me because that's real golf, nett scores would just come under good personal achievements IMHO