Best Lesson ?

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
After continuously working on my game with the help of the "ask the experts" thread and Mark crossfield, I began to slowly eliminate the dreaded slices and shanks and have now encorportated a 5 yard draw into my irons. I was given a free lesson by my parents for Christmas, and booked it for today ( tomorrow is my last competition of 2011). To my delight, he said the only thing that was actually wrong with my swing was the grip, and that was only due to the grips of my irons being too small. Although there were many duffed bunker shots, I was very happy with the lesson and am now very confident going into tomorrow .

What was your best lesson and why ?

-Ally

leaney

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In my 6 months of playing, I've had one lesson a month and looking back they've all been a waste of time.

In the past 10 days, I've been searching Youtube for tips and then I've been putting them into practice.

Beforehand, I had a half swing because my swing was so steep as I was reaching far out on my back swing.
I always wondered why I couldn't take a full swing and thought it was to do with my big arms from the gym work I do.

But after a lot of researching and a lot of practise, I've learnt how hit good, consistent shots with all my clubs (bar my driver).

I'm glad you've had a good lesson but for me, some of the pros out there really do take the mick.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
best was with Adam Hunter 2 yrs ago. Adam very sadly passed away this year cruelly struck down with cancer at so young an age. Adam coached Paul Lawrie to his 'OPEN' win and a few other European tour professionals.

Adam taught me like a pro, he went into detail about the plane and the various moves and stages, his one hour lesson had me exhausted and sore but man did he know what he was talking about.

He gave me 3 main swing thoughts/moves to concentrate on and when I do it is the best strikes I could wish for.
RIP Adam

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
Best lesson was the last one, where alot of the work clicked and I was hitting most of the balls well...

Still to fully put that into practice on the the course though!!!

Bash

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My best lesson was two things in one lesson: Playing short shots onto the green (Less than 60 yards. I had 52, 56 and 56 degree wedges and was comfortable playing them with a full swing, but anything shorter than 60 yards (a full 60 deg wedge) I was terrible.
The other part of the lesson was chip and run shots from just off the green.
This lesson has taken the most shots off my handicap and so has to be my best lesson so far.
But I always like to think my next lesson will be the best one

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have two bests, (just to be awkward), the first was my intro to golf via Active Norfolk, the second was my last video lesson, fantastic lesson and it was so good to actually see what my body was doing, even if it wasn't doing the right thing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Switching to the current guy at the Downshire in Bracknell and following the Plane Truth system. Like a lightbulb moment and I understand where the club needs to be and what I need to do in the swing. Doing it is another matter but the 30 minute lesson has improved the ball striking immensly, re-invigorated my enthusiasm and with HID getting six more lessons and a 9 hole playing lesson I'm expecting big things. I may frazzle his brain with my short game and the mental demons associated with it but if he can fix that (anything is better than what I have) then I am actually pretty confident of getting down at least one if not two shots next year.

steviep

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My last one about 3 months ago. I've struggled with posture and how far I stand from the ball. During that lesson I was given a check to ensure my arms are hanging in the right position and I'm not reaching too far for the ball. My ball striking and consistency has improved since that lesson which has made my golf more enjoyable.