How to get the best out of an on-course lesson

Kennysarmy

Visit site
My golf has been so erratic recently, usually on the front 6 to 8 holes before I get in a rhythm that I've booked an on course lesson to see what's going on either with my swing, mentally or strategy wise in those first holes.

Last week I shot 43 on the front nine and 36 on the back :/ so I know my game is close to being good!

Has anyone else had an on-course lesson and how did it help and what did you get out of it, how was it approached by the Pro?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My golf has been so erratic recently, usually on the front 6 to 8 holes before I get in a rhythm that I've booked an on course lesson to see what's going on either with my swing, mentally or strategy wise in those first holes.

Last week I shot 43 on the front nine and 36 on the back :/ so I know my game is close to being good!

Has anyone else had an on-course lesson and how did it help and what did you get out of it, how was it approached by the Pro?

Do you warm up?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My first question is - do you warm up? And I mean a proper warm up (which I don't often do) not just 3 balls on the putting green, a couple of chips and a few swings with the driver on the first tee

WGCRider

Visit site
Personally I've found on course lessons useful in the past. For all of us our game changes when you step out of the "lab conditions" of the range or trackman studio and get to play in the "wild"
- It helps identify areas of your game to work on. So rather the "doctor" can diagnose the problem rather than you telling the doctor what the issue is.
- It helps you think about some of the choices you make. Why are you trying to play a high risk flop shot when a bump and run is the better choice.
That said I've never had an on course lesson where I've learnt anything they've always sent me away with areas to focus my practise on.

ntommo

Visit site
Definitely worthwhile is an on-course lesson. Ive had a couple and the teacher can see things that you do on the course that he doesnt see in the booth / range. The one with me was my pre shot routine for just about every shot was different.