Ping eye putter V 2023 putter ?

Skytot

Visit site
My Ping eye putter must be at least 25 to 30 yr old , I’ve got back into golf this year and my putting is very poor ( 10.7hcp) . I’ve invested in fitted new Mizunos 923s and next I’m contemplating having a lesson & fitting for a new putter . Do you recon putters have improved in the last 25yrs like irons have ? Or will a good lesson sort me out and save some very much needed money . Spent a fortune this year catching up with golf gear .

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My Ping eye putter must be at least 25 to 30 yr old , I’ve got back into golf this year and my putting is very poor ( 10.7hcp) . I’ve invested in fitted new Mizunos 923s and next I’m contemplating having a lesson & fitting for a new putter . Do you recon putters have improved in the last 25yrs like irons have ? Or will a good lesson sort me out and save some very much needed money . Spent a fortune this year catching up with golf gear .

Depends how you feel you putting is going to be honest. If it’s going well enough maybe hang on until next year to give it a good go.

There are so many putters out there and whilst I would get fitted if I wanted a new one I reckon it’s all about solid technique and being able to read the line.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The best putter is the one that gets the ball in the hole most often
It may be the one younhave, it may cost 20 quid from a charity shop or 400 from a retailer..
You just have to find it.
Go and try some but don't go with the thought of "I'm going to buy" go with "I'm going to try".

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The latest big mallet putters with weighting at the extremes will definitely be easier to use than anything over 25 years old.

But you won't look like a player anymore. ;)