Best grip for Sweaty Hands

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
Hi Guys,
my mizzies golf pride grips are getting a little worn at this stage and I am thinking of treating them to new grips.
Can anyone recommend a grip that absorbs the dastardly sweaty fingers.
thanks
John

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure many of them do. When we played Camberley back in June on the SUnday (hottest day of the year) our 4 ball were talking about sweaty hands and grips. We all remember a can of stuff you could spray on your hands which made them tackier which use to be advertised in the golf mags a few years back and available in Boots. We couldn't remember the exact name but none of us remembered seeing it anymore. Does it still exist

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Multi compounds are the way to go imo,i always used to use Tour velvet full cords,but they are harsh on your hands to say the least,and obviously our climate doesn't mean sweaty hands 12 months of the year.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Multi compounds are the way to go imo,i always used to use Tour velvet full cords,but they are harsh on your hands to say the least,and obviously our climate doesn't mean sweaty hands 12 months of the year.

The only thing with the multi compound grips is the bottom potion seems to go "glassy" after a shortish time. I jus stuck an iomic grip on my putter and will give them antry on the rest of my irons. They are magic in the wet so might help with the sweat!

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
Thanks Guys,
I think it like everything is a matter of finding something that works for me. I must go and try different types of grips before deciding. The grip selector is a good aid. Thanks again

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure many of them do. When we played Camberley back in June on the SUnday (hottest day of the year) our 4 ball were talking about sweaty hands and grips. We all remember a can of stuff you could spray on your hands which made them tackier which use to be advertised in the golf mags a few years back and available in Boots. We couldn't remember the exact name but none of us remembered seeing it anymore. Does it still exist

Homer was it in a blue and orange can. I think it was called Physio Sport Grip. I used to use it for rugby, but found when it got wet the ball would slip even more. Not sure if it's still available though.

mysportstuff

Visit site
I having sweating when humid weather and heat. During this period I could not well-played golf. So, I ordered Winn Dritac Golf Grips for Sweaty Hands. It comfortable and fit for me. It is available in different sizes and color as you wants. You can use for both the iron and the drivers.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Homer was it in a blue and orange can. I think it was called Physio Sport Grip. I used to use it for rugby, but found when it got wet the ball would slip even more. Not sure if it's still available though.

Not been available for a long time, I last remember seeing it in the shops about 15 years ago!

There are a few other options though, chalk and liquid chalk, although they can be a bit messy, resin, or even just wear 2 gloves on days when you get really sweaty.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Used to be made by physio sport called grip and came in a green and orange bottle, unfortunately the brand went bust!

I only know this as their muscle massage was awesome for any damaged joints, especially my destroyed knee. I have a friend who works in boots and around 5/6 years ago she searched everywhere to try and find me a supply.... nope!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Used to be made by physio sport called grip and came in a green and orange bottle, unfortunately the brand went bust!

I only know this as their muscle massage was awesome for any damaged joints, especially my destroyed knee. I have a friend who works in boots and around 5/6 years ago she searched everywhere to try and find me a supply.... nope!

I used their no sweat lotion when I played cricket to keep my hands dry while batting - the stuff was awesome

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We play in Florida a lot and my mate has sweaty hands he wears Mac wets on both hands.
I tried it but feels horrible.
You would need to practice with them.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used their no sweat lotion when I played cricket to keep my hands dry while batting - the stuff was awesome

I just cannot see how a company who clearly knew what they were doing goes bust.

It used to be sold in all supermarkets, boots, Superdrug and most independent chemist

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to use a resin grip enhancer when competing in another sport. Can't remember what it was called, but have a look at grip products for tennis players, it will be a bigger issue for them.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not been available for a long time, I last remember seeing it in the shops about 15 years ago!

There are a few other options though, chalk and liquid chalk, although they can be a bit messy, resin, or even just wear 2 gloves on days when you get really sweaty.

Then again he posted that reference nearly 8 years ago....but it's probably true to say it's not a current option!