Best GPS Watch for £150

D

Deleted member 15344

Ooooohhhh, get you :ears:

Since when were you the forum police who decided who can post and what they can post, I was, believe it or not, trying to be helpful but you, as usual had to shove your oar in.

Remember Cabby - I just asked a simple question as well in regards how someone’s HC is relevant to a GPS - you are the one that appears offended by that hence the sarcastic replay from yourself.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You want an accurate reading of how far away you are, get a laser. you want ball park, get a gps, you want best of both, get both, happy ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
OK to answer the original question. I've had a Bushnell Neo XS watch for about 4 years now and it's still going strong. Nice big characters, easy to navigate, excellent battery life, so light you don't know you're wearing it, and waterproof. The Bushnell on an earlier post is its successor. I've not tried any others as I've never needed to.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
S20, it's what I have but now only use it for hazards, never for pin.

I had the Bushnell and it did everything I wanted but then I sold it after I bought the S20 because I wanted the shot tracking, but I've never managed to get that working consistently, so in hindsight I should have just kept the Bushnell.

I use a laser for pins in comps too.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I wish my game was good enough for the few yards in accuracy in distance a laser makes. In reality, the accuracy of the GPS is more than good enough for my ability. Lasers are fine if you can always see what you are measuring but aren't as good for distances to hidden hazards such as bunkers and burns. Having that on the watch at a glance really helps.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Bushnell iON2 Golf GPS Watch is the one to go for, has all the features your asking for and more I found my bushnell to be the most accurate GPS amongst my friends I also tested my Bushnell ion against my Bushnell jolt laser and its bang on

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I wish my game was good enough for the few yards in accuracy in distance a laser makes. In reality, the accuracy of the GPS is more than good enough for my ability. Lasers are fine if you can always see what you are measuring but aren't as good for distances to hidden hazards such as bunkers and burns. Having that on the watch at a glance really helps.

Sums up perfectly what I was trying to say earlier. At out 7th last night my gps said 178 to middle, pin looked middle, I zapped it and it was 167, I average a 6 iron 165, hit my 6 to 4 feet, without the laser hitting the exact same shot I'd have been 30 feet away. OK lucky I hit the perfect shot but this was a great example of the difference between the two.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not really what you asked but have to say I'm as happy as a pig in poo with the Garmin vivoactive, because its so much more versatile than just having the golf gps so I can wear it everyday and not just get benefits when playing golf

Loads of diff exercise tracking as well as HR and because its linked to my phone I also get sms, whatsapp, gmail, weather etc

Cost is over budget too at 199 but thought i'd mention it