Best Golf purchased you've made!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ha Ha, sorry my fault, Was at Medinah, went to Geneagles, been fitted for my Clubs, played The Old Course, but honestly, Sealskinz socks have transformed my Golf, spent thousands on the things listed, but them socks...........best £20.00 I've ever spent, sad but true.

where you fitted for them and what were the numbers??

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Putting mirror... wife got me one for christmas, so not my purchase per se; but already seeing results now I'm working on my putting set-up.

Couldn't believe how far outside the ball my eyes were!

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best Driver, Callaway 2 wood early 90's went like a rocket.
Irons. Snake Eye blades I had for 8 years.
Wedges, Icy Golf wedges 52 55 58 I'm using now.
Putter, my RAA Classic, using at mo.
Balls. Rexstar really liked them balls.
Training aid. DST Compressor another level on ball striking.
And learning AIMPOINT from the beginning, changed how I read putts and how I now putt.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A Pyecombe-branded pencil with a rubber on the end. Fits perfectly in the pocket, holds well and I use it multiple times every game....invaluable.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
They are really useful and I use mine regularly. What results are you seeing

Already feeling much more confident over 5-10 footers, missed a lot of them last season on the left of the hole. Putting mirror has shown that I had been setting up with the face slightly closed to the target line and my eyes outside the ball, so I've been working on that on the hall carpet and the putting green at the club.

S17er

Club Champion
Visit site
Always had footjoy shoes and would get wet feet which I assumed was from walking in long grass so bought some sealskinz like many on here have done.

However, since I switched to Nike LC3 my feet stay dry without the need for sealskinz so those are definitely one of the best items bought.

Other items:

Garmin S1 - far and away best/most useful thing bought
Clicgear trolley - started a trend at my club
Rab Meco boxer shorts - extreme warmth!
Nike Weatherized fleece lined trousers - warmth without bulk
GG insula gilet - really versatile and gets worn loads
Uniqlo tennis shirts - so perfect for when very hot as stay totally dry

The only club I'm going to put in here is my G30 hybrid as I feel this is so much better than the g10 and g20 hybrids that went before it and level of improvement much higher than any other upgrade.

Copernicus

Club Champion
Visit site
Ping 4 crossover. Magic club!
Plus, after trying on every expensive, branded golf hat/cap and looking stupid in them all, the fetching £1.99 thinsulate hat bought at a petrol station in the dodgy end of town! Played all through winter and was toasty warm in that!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
TBH, the Longridge one that is around half the price is just as good... only difference I think is it doesn't have the holes to form a tee-gate. Shop around, you might find a cheaper one.. but well worth the cash imo.

:thup:

Hehe, I have on a number of occasions and its the tee gate I like..