Best golf coach on youtube ?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Eric Cogorno Golf, Chris Ryan and Athletic Motion Golf.

Eric Cogorno’s videos may be slightly longer, but he really describes the points well and doesn’t rush.
Athletic Motion Golf is more technical, but I like to know why doing something causes the results.
These 3 would be mine, but all suggestions above are sound.
I'm well aware that the guy can be a prize ****, but every now and then Crossfield comes out with some thought provoking instructional pieces. Today, for example, he guves a pretty good walk through on playing out of the rough that I think any improving golfer would get something from.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Marcus Bell from Zen Golf Mechanic

Don’t let robin Matthews William put you off he’s just the camera man now

His results in the lesson videos are unrivalled imo

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I never watch Rick Shiels at all. He is just out for click bait and rarely provided anything of substance, when I did click on anything,.

I know he divides opinion, but Crossfield does come up with interesting videos and in my view, really knows his stuff. Not necessarily instruction based, but does get going with his studio equipment about misconceptions and myths.

For instruction, I do go back to Me & My Golf. Watched a chipping video recently that was really helpful and got me out of a real period of struggling horrendously with simply chips and short pitches.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can recommend Chris Ryan. I used to have lessons with him at the Belfry.
Halved my handicap.
I bet your handicap is still 10 plus? I had lessons with Chris for 5 years. One of the nicest blokes around. Not very good with good golfers though. In fact, I can't think of any "good players" that he coaches even today.
I wouldn't hesitate to send a new golfer his way and he is very strick on the fundamentals. Infact, even today pro's still comment on how good my set up and back swing is. That's down to chris

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

I bet your handicap is still 10 plus? I had lessons with Chris for 5 years. One of the nicest blokes around. Not very good with good golfers though. In fact, I can't think of any "good players" that he coaches even today.
I wouldn't hesitate to send a new golfer his way and he is very strick on the fundamentals. Infact, even today pro's still comment on how good my set up and back swing is. That's down to chris
You think I’m off 10 plus?
?

I went to him when I was off 10 and he helped me down to 5.

I’m now off 4 (3.7), having varied between 3.3 and 3.8 this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny Maude ?

Visit site
I get that sometimes an individual and a coach don't click and you do the lesson and the drills after and it doesn't work. Surely if others have had loads of lessons then it is down to them to speak to the pro and work out why the lessons are failing. It is a two way street
One of the great things about Youtube is you can figure out which coach resonates with you. Visit a few, test their drills and find out what works. Good luck ??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
One of the great things about Youtube is you can figure out which coach resonates with you. Visit a few, test their drills and find out what works. Good luck ??

Danny,

Been singing the praises on hereof your short game videos in particular (also the one about starting the downswing). Hoping my commission cheque is in the post (y);)As someone that has struggled with the short game ( iwas using a method called linear from Gary Smith another renowned coach) your method resonated (as well as having some of the core elements of linear) your coaching online has made a huge improvement to my game.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For instruction, I do go back to Me & My Golf. Watched a chipping video recently that was really helpful and got me out of a real period of struggling horrendously with simply chips and short pitches.

I'm also a fan of their videos. Maybe not everyones cup of tea but I like the way they explain things and get their methods across

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
You think I’m off 10 plus?
?

I went to him when I was off 10 and he helped me down to 5.

I’m now off 4 (3.7), having varied between 3.3 and 3.8 this season.
It was just a guess that's all. It used to be a running joke at the belfry "who you going to see when you get to 10“. To be honest his clientele is you tube based now anyway. He always said that he'll struggle to attract good players because low handicap golfers don't tend to watch YouTube for golf advice

D

Deleted member 1147

It was just a guess that's all. It used to be a running joke at the belfry "who you going to see when you get to 10“. To be honest his clientele is you tube based now anyway. He always said that he'll struggle to attract good players because low handicap golfers don't tend to watch YouTube for golf advice
Well when I went to see him he coached lower players than me, including Pros, and was a county coach.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well when I went to see him he coached lower players than me, including Pros, and was a county coach.
Yeh, I've known Chris for 18 years. I've never known him teach a pro “long or medium term" and he only teached county as he done it for free. Who do you see now?