Best golf coach on youtube ?

D

Deleted member 1147

Yeh, I've known Chris for 18 years. I've never known him teach a pro “long or medium term" and he only teached county as he done it for free. Who do you see now?
No one at present. Save for a couple of lessons on basics with the assistant at the club.
Went to Nick Huby at Pete Cowan’s academy last year, but Illness and lack of fitness have held me back (lost 6mph on driver club head speed).
Am going to see my old PT now I’m healthier and try to get back to where I was.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
No one at present. Save for a couple of lessons on basics with the assistant at the club.
Went to Nick Huby at Pete Cowan’s academy last year, but Illness and lack of fitness have held me back (lost 6mph on driver club head speed).
Am going to see my old PT now I’m healthier and try to get back to where I was.
Blimey, you travelled a fair way to see Chris then?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Danny,

Been singing the praises on hereof your short game videos in particular (also the one about starting the downswing). Hoping my commission cheque is in the post (y);)As someone that has struggled with the short game ( iwas using a method called linear from Gary Smith another renowned coach) your method resonated (as well as having some of the core elements of linear) your coaching online has made a huge improvement to my game.

@Danny Maude ? This is the guy that needs your help. He will practice like hell for hours on end. Commitment to the game is legendary. Also has a little blog to keep others informed. Would be awesome to see you do some face to face with Martin for the forum/blog etc. (y)

Danny Maude ?

Visit site
Danny,

Been singing the praises on hereof your short game videos in particular (also the one about starting the downswing). Hoping my commission cheque is in the post (y);)As someone that has struggled with the short game ( iwas using a method called linear from Gary Smith another renowned coach) your method resonated (as well as having some of the core elements of linear) your coaching online has made a huge improvement to my game.
Your the reason I’ve been so busy coaching. No seriously, really appreciate all the support from everyone. It’s great to hear stories of improvement

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
@Danny Maude ? This is the guy that needs your help. He will practice like hell for hours on end. Commitment to the game is legendary. Also has a little blog to keep others informed. Would be awesome to see you do some face to face with Martin for the forum/blog etc. (y)

@DannyMaude I'd be up for it naturally although in my defence I have won of the honour board events at Royal Ascot since lockdown and had a 3rd and 4th and been cut from 13-12 and on the cusp of 11 so things are moving forward. I'd definitely appreciate more input on pitching, especially those fiddly 20-40 yard shots.

Danny Maude ?

Visit site
@DannyMaude I'd be up for it naturally although in my defence I have won of the honour board events at Royal Ascot since lockdown and had a 3rd and 4th and been cut from 13-12 and on the cusp of 11 so things are moving forward. I'd definitely appreciate more input on pitching, especially those fiddly 20-40 yard shots.
Thats an amazing run of results, don’t want to interfere with that. I’ve got a pitching video coming out soon. The 20 - 40 yards are a common one that requires much more feel and control than longer pitches

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thats an amazing run of results, don’t want to interfere with that. I’ve got a pitching video coming out soon. The 20 - 40 yards are a common one that requires much more feel and control than longer pitches
Happy days. One thing I am feeling on the pitching/chipping opposed to the video is the hands are perhaps moving a little forward in line with the left leg (definitely not in front) but strike is good and still grazing the turf (no divot) and no digging with the leading edge. It's working but is the hand position an issue (obviously if it edges further forward the leading edge joins the party)?

Danny Maude ?

Visit site
Happy days. One thing I am feeling on the pitching/chipping opposed to the video is the hands are perhaps moving a little forward in line with the left leg (definitely not in front) but strike is good and still grazing the turf (no divot) and no digging with the leading edge. It's working but is the hand position an issue (obviously if it edges further forward the leading edge joins the party)?
As long as you are controlling your ground contact you will be absolutely fine. Your contact with the ground will tell you if you are over doing it

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
I never watch Rick Shiels at all. He is just out for click bait and rarely provided anything of substance, when I did click on anything,.

I know he divides opinion, but Crossfield does come up with interesting videos and in my view, really knows his stuff. Not necessarily instruction based, but does get going with his studio equipment about misconceptions and myths.

For instruction, I do go back to Me & My Golf. Watched a chipping video recently that was really helpful and got me out of a real period of struggling horrendously with simply chips and short pitches.

what was the video?

Visit site
It's thumbs up from me with Danny Maud and Chris Ryan in terms of technical swing tuition etc. I'm just restarting after a very long period away.

Also Mark Crossfield for course management ideas.

Though I'm yet to get out on a course. Just range days at the moment for me.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know Mark Crossfield is a bit marmite for some people but this is an excellent video, very interesting...