Best Footballer You Ever Saw Live

sandford93

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hate to say it but probably ronaldo

he single handedly got man united a draw with a sublime bit of skill, great run and a world class finish to get them a point against us at the mad stad

MickCTR

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not been to stacks of matches personally but I did manage to see Benito Carbone at his best at Hillsbrough a couple of times. Man what a player. Described by 'franco Zola as the best foreign import in the Prem at the time!

DCB

Visit site
I went to Easter Road to see Best play against St Mirren back in 197oatcake. Now as a Hearts fan this was a major step to take, but, Best was streets ahead of the rest of his teammates and the opposition. I remember one long pinpoint cross from the left side of the field. Best crossed the ball and no-one was able to get to it, they couldn't read the game well enough to see what he had seen. He just stood and looked and shook his head in disbelief. No wondeder he hit the bars all too frequently at that time.
Even as a supposed Past It player, he was amazing.

Also say Peter Bonneti play for Dundee United around the same time. He still had the old skills.

Other than that it has to be Walter Kidd. ;)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could never bring myself to like/respect that guy the cheating, short Ar$ed, drug taking, obese little B*****d.
He totally spoiled my summer when he did that.

He would stand a chance in glutton of the year contest though. :mad:

Rant over!!!!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
DCB
Do you remember Peter Marinello? Wonder what he's doing now. Not that you'd care, as you're a Jambo.
Regards
Shanker

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think Wildrover and Vig have summed up Maradona. I have nothing to add to their comments. The only thing that comes to mind is complete t***.

DCB

Visit site
Shanker

He was the british record transfer signing when he left Hibs and went down to Arsenal. Not a bad player in his day. If only he hadn't been lured by the bright lights.....

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
a real entertainer was Di Canio,the fact he lasted only a short time playing for my beloved hoops is a crying shame,Gazza (although he played for THEM)was superb even at the time he played in Scotland.
I also was lucky enough to just remember Best playing for Hibs v Berwick Rangers at Shielfield he was so far ahead of the rest even though he was 2 stone overweight and in the middle of huge drink problems.He was subbed with 25 mins to go and legend has it that the Hibbes team bus had to stop at the Angel Inn a 5 min walk from the ground to pick him up,none of this Powerade or Lucozade crap for him just a pint of Heavy and a nip chaser,and that is a true story!