Ok, so you got me riled......

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Look at Spurs this year if you don't believe me. At what point did you finally think that you were safe, and hand on heart, if I'd asked you last August, would you have even contemplated the dire time you've had this season yourself - you guys are, to my mind, a perfect example of why a club shouldn't sack a decent manager when he's having a tough spell .

I tend to agree with that. Ramos was different,though. Since he won us the League cup,he had won a total of 4 games up until his sacking. It wasn't just the start of this season that was bad,it was the last 3 months of the previous one,too. He had lost the dressing room & would've taken us down.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wenger went to Madrid at the end of the season,replacing you know who....

Ummmmmmm

I wasn't thinking of Ramos. :cool:

To my mind, Wenger has the right to do what he wants. He has been a shining light for us, and as such should be allowed to stay as long as he likes. But if he decides to go, and there is nothing we can do to keep him, then I'll give him my best wishes.

He's been that good that I think we should treat him the way that Man Utd look after Fergy. I think it'll pay dividends in the long run

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As much as I dont like Adebayor, the man has real class about him and in terms of ability to produce moments of individual genius, he is the man.

Are you smoking those funny fags again?

There is more class in a sour pint of milk and I support Arsenal. Adebayor and Bentnar are such a waste of Arsenal shirts, I've never seen (30 yrs as a supporter) worse.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crap, 1979 FA Cup final Alan Sunderland's late late winner. What a day that was in our long history?

Arsenal will be Great again someday, Unfortunately I think the rest will have to come to our level unless AW starts to spend some money. I dont mean go out and pay 50m for one player, but buy in a few good one's.
It's reported he has £120m to spend on players.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I can't see that. I think he spent pretty much all the available cash on Arshavin. My guess is he will spend in the summer, but it will be for players in the 8m bracket, who you have never heard of. Another Sagna perhaps? (a very good buy in my opinion). Oh, and another french teenager of course.

If, and it is a big if, Arsenal do have money, I would guess they would use it to ensure the stadium debts get paid. Apparently Arsenal could afford to go one season without CL money, but after that it would get tight. In that instance, there is a risk in forking out lots on expensive players, who would then have to be sold in a fire sale.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm with Murph here.

Wenger isn't going to splash the cash unless he's convinced it's going on a world beater like Arshavin.

I think they'll be a couple of sub £10 mill and maybe one £15-£18 mill player.

But it wouldn't surprise me if there's just one addition. All these rumours of spare cash just don't add up.

D

Deleted member 1740

And we have the best manager.

Looks like the best manager got his tactics wrong again
Thats it. I'm ignoring Liverpool's CL win because it was in 2005.

Why haven't the Arsenal won it then?

If you're happy with a team that hasn't won the Premier League EVER, support Liverpool

:D :D :D Pathetic. Let me tell you something, Football was invented way before 1992 and sky you know.

Don't think you quite get what this thread is about, do you.

I'm not criticising Liverpool for winning the CL - they done brilliant. BUT it was 4 years ago now, and it was their peak at the time - it wasn't a building block to future success.

Wenger is slated for not winning stuff. But over the same period of time Liverpool haven't won the league or CL, so they are in the same boat.

I'm not trying to recruit more fans, I'm trying to stop the witchhunt around Wenger. Like I said, if you're happy being a Liverpool fan, then good for you. But I think you'll be in the same boat as us at the end of the season.

Liverpool won the CL in 2005 with a very poor squad of players imho, at a time when we far from our peak.
Since then we've made the final and semi's in CL and made progression in the league too.

The squad we have now is a lot stronger than 2005 but were still a few players behind Arsenal,Chelsea+United in terms of quality.

Wenger takes a lot of praise for supposedly finding raw talent for peanuts and making them into top players ie; Anelka etc etc but has failed to win any trophy in recent seasons and therefore he has to take stick for not winning trophies with the squad of players he has had or has now.

This season has been the closest we've been to winning the league for a while and if we don't (i dont think we will now) win it i'm sure Rafa will take criticism like wenger has because we were 7pts clear at new year.

One thing is for certain, Arsenal will not win the CL if they can't learn to win ugly. They are a pleasure to watch at times but you won't be successful by playin silky football for 50+ games a season.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Fair comment, but from where I stand, Pool and Arse are a world apart from United and the russian ref botherers. Unless something remarkable happens, we (two) will always lag that bit behind. Yes, capable of the odd shock, but not over the whole season.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
This season has been the closest we've been to winning the league for a while and if we don't (i dont think we will now) win it i'm sure Rafa will take criticism like wenger has because we were 7pts clear at new year.

I don't think Rafa should take any flak this year either.

Every year I've slagged him off because of his rotation policy. And I've always said that Liverpool will never win the league with him as boss.

But this year they managed, for the first time, to put themselves in a position where they could have gone on to take the title. Ok so they've fallen short, but like I said about Arsenal, that's no disgrace against this Man Utd squad.

This is the best team/squad Liverpool have had in 20 years. They are a far better set up than when they won the CL.

So I think Rafa should be praised, not slated.