Best Course you have played?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Royal Liverpool, royal aberdeen and cruden bay my top 3.

off to birkdale next month and hillside in september so hopefully theyll be bidding for a top 3 place.

level5s

Head Pro
Visit site
Most enjoyable - I know it gets a hard time on here but I really loved Castle Stuart. Going back again in August :)

when I played it I came away under whelmed with memories of good holes down by the Firth but others being very ordinary and just making up the 18.
having been up to watch the Scottish Open last week I saw it in a different light and really want to go back and play it, maybe next year along with Nairn.

S

Snelly

Best course I have played - Royal County Down. Best by a long way. Loved it every time I have played there and probably had the best round of my life there too. Shot 5 over in 35mph+ winds last October and it felt like 10 under.

Other favourites: Hankley Common, Sunningdale, Swinley Forest, Saunton East, St Georges Hill, Hillside, Hollinwell, West Sussex, Berkshire Red, Muirfield and Macrihanish.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Forest of Arden especially the back 9 with all the deer running around and some good water feature holes.

Saunton Sands (East) was unbelievable for my first ever links experience.

Course & club I enjoyed just lately for the whole package was the Avenning at Minchinhampton.

Haven't played many around the country yet as some would be beyond me but I'm getting there.

Last edited:

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
when I played it I came away under whelmed with memories of good holes down by the Firth but others being very ordinary and just making up the 18.
having been up to watch the Scottish Open last week I saw it in a different light and really want to go back and play it, maybe next year along with Nairn.

I didn't have any expectations when I went, which maybe helped. And it was a beautiful day, which definitely helped.

The holes down by the Firth are brilliant and there are a couple of so-so ones up the hill but as an overall experience, I haven't had better.

Tignanello97

Club Champion
Visit site
Some of my favourites....royal ostende,finca cortesin,la riserva, Pont royal,fancourt,kings,Weston gailes,panmure........the list could go on & on...

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Best course I have played is Castle Stuart, the place is still so new but oozes class, the only complaint I ever hear about it is its wide fairways, if that is the biggest complaint then it is doing an awful lot right then.
Most enjoyable is Ardglass... in the wind. Stunning surroundings and enough difficulty to keep the best golfers busy but also fair enough to keep the duffers smiling too.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
For atmosphere, St Andrews, and best staying over to get a real feel of the whole experience.

For the challenge, Carnoustie. Stayed over in a little pub in Broughty Ferry(?), and had a cracking time.